cant view usb removeable drives

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

On one system, I cannot see removeable USB drives, or SD card adapter, even
though I can go to a command line, and browse the virtual drive and copy to
it and from it.
The drives do not show up in any file explorer pages. I am assuming some
setting will fix this.
Any suggestions?

Hi, Roy.

What does Disk Management say about these drives? At the Run prompt, enter:
diskmgmt.msc

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Roy" <PessimisticInSeattle@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> On one system, I cannot see removeable USB drives, or SD card adapter,
> even though I can go to a command line, and browse the virtual drive and
> copy to it and from it.
> The drives do not show up in any file explorer pages. I am assuming some
> setting will fix this.
> Any suggestions?

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Strangely enough, it shows up correctly in the disk management list, but
still not in the file explorer. I also have the eject icon in the task bar,
so the system knows I have plugged it in.
"R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
"R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Roy.
>
> What does Disk Management say about these drives? At the Run prompt,
> enter: diskmgmt.msc
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Roy" <PessimisticInSeattle@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> On one system, I cannot see removeable USB drives, or SD card adapter,
>> even though I can go to a command line, and browse the virtual drive and
>> copy to it and from it.
>> The drives do not show up in any file explorer pages. I am assuming some
>> setting will fix this.
>> Any suggestions?

Have you run TweakUI lately? In it there's a choice to hide drive
letters....

In column on the right

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Roy" <PessimisticInSeattle@newsgroup.nospam> kirjoitti viestissä
> Strangely enough, it shows up correctly in the disk management list, but
> still not in the file explorer. I also have the eject icon in the task
bar,
> so the system knows I have plugged it in.
> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
> > Hi, Roy.
> >
> > What does Disk Management say about these drives? At the Run prompt,
> > enter: diskmgmt.msc
> >
> > RC
> > --
> > R. C. White, CPA
> > San Marcos, TX
> > rc@corridor.net
> > Microsoft Windows MVP
> >
> > "Roy" <PessimisticInSeattle@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> >> On one system, I cannot see removeable USB drives, or SD card adapter,
> >> even though I can go to a command line, and browse the virtual drive
and
> >> copy to it and from it.
> >> The drives do not show up in any file explorer pages. I am assuming
some
> >> setting will fix this.
> >> Any suggestions?

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Thanks, checked that, drive letter not disabled, so the problem still eludes
me.

"Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you run TweakUI lately? In it there's a choice to hide drive
> letters....

> In column on the right
>

> --
> Tumppi
> Reply to group
> Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
> Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
> (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
>

> "Roy" <PessimisticInSeattle@newsgroup.nospam> kirjoitti viestissä
>> Strangely enough, it shows up correctly in the disk management list, but
>> still not in the file explorer. I also have the eject icon in the task
> bar,
>> so the system knows I have plugged it in.
>> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
>> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
>> > Hi, Roy.
>> >
>> > What does Disk Management say about these drives? At the Run prompt,
>> > enter: diskmgmt.msc
>> >
>> > RC
>> > --
>> > R. C. White, CPA