1/2 multipliers...bah! myth I say!

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
Ok, so I tried staying with the whole number thing for a while and it got my rig to run no more than 2.55ghz at best.Then,I went from a 10x to a 9.5x---and voila!! I can now run my rig at 2.675ghz stable with a high clock of 2.74ghz.!! So, for me anyway, it has worked out--although it may not for others.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
1/2 multipliers...bah! myth I say!

So, for me anyway, it has worked out--although it may not for others.

:roll:
You are absolutely correct, correct I say!!! The world decided to collaborate for once and they unanimously decided that they would allow you to use 1/2 multipliers just this once. Everyone else is S.O.L. They only put this feature in all kinds of Mobo bios's as a cruel joke to the rest of us mere mortals. :cry:

On a serious note, their are processors that come with half multipliers stock from the factory. Last one I recall personally having was a Sempron that I disposed of some time ago.

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
you obviously misunderstood what I meant!!!!!! I said that going to 1/2 multi's allowed my proc to run higher than with the "normal" whole number multi!! I did NOT say that I was the only one to be able to use this feature........ read the entire post before oozing out your sarcasm! ( noob!)