deleting an unwanted .exe program from my computer

Please,I want to delete this program from my system.as below'

c:\windows\sexmovie.exe

I have tried to delete but it keeps comming back
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting unwanted program computer

    charly wrote:
    > Please,I want to delete this program from my system.as below'
    >
    > c:\windows\sexmovie.exe
    >
    > I have tried to delete but it keeps comming back

    -------------------------------------

    If you've deleted it in the normal way and it keeps coming back then
    you've got mal-ware that installed itself. I presume you run some kind
    of anti-virus software?

    If you do, then then next step is to look for stuff advertisers have
    installed. Two free programs to do this that you can find on the web
    are Ad-Aware from www.Lavasoftusa.com and Spybot that you'll have to do
    a web search to find.

    Since you've got a genuine problem, I'd download and run both programs.
    One may find things the other doesn't.

    Good luck....

    Bill

    "charly" <okwoli@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Please,I want to delete this program from my system.as below'
    >
    > c:\windows\sexmovie.exe
    >
    > I have tried to delete but it keeps comming back

    First eliminate any scumware.
    CAUTION!!!!! Before you try to remove spyware using any of these programs ,
    download a copy of LSPFIX from any of the following sites:
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    (if your OS is Win2k or XP) The process of removing certain malware may kill
    your internet connection. If this should occur, this program, LSPFIX, will
    enable you to regain your connection.

    See
    Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
    won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
    before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
    than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/cwshredder.zip
    **Post your HijackThis log to
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/ or the Spyware forum at
    http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**
    Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
    may be found on this page:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.

    See this link for information about malware:
    http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/malware.ars

    If nothing there helps, please post back to this thread.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

Computers Microsoft Windows XP