ARCserv 2000 backup issue

Derek1970

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2003
At a client site, they have ARCserv 2000 setup to do backup onto 4mm tape. The total backup is only 7gig.

I've noticed, the backups appear to run fine, but upon inspection, the folders and files are being copied off C: fine, but not on the data drive (D:). All it backs up on the data drive is the folders, excluding the contents (even though the folders and files are selected). Inspection of the logs verifies this .. files and folders are backed up properly on C: .. only folders can be backed up on D (empty folders). For some reason I can't get files to backup using the preinstalled ARCserv 2000, even though the proper folders, and files ithin are included in the backup. I've tried deleting all jobsand recreating to no avail. Restarting e ARC serve services doesn't help either. Permissions of the ARCserv account are set roperly, and I verified tese permissions are propagating down to each object I need to have backed up.

The backups are being done on a Windows 2000 server.

Any help is appreciated.

OmegaVTX

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Also sounds like the files may be opened or locked. Unless you have an Open File Agent files that are open will not be backed up? But I dont know if all the files on the D: could be open, but I dont know your enviornment...