skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Wonder what everyone's gonna do, sitting around with our hotrod DX10 cards and no games to support them.

By the time DX10 games come out, these cards will long since be replaced....... :evil:

sylvez

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
so far only nvidia released dx10 cards

and both 8800GT and 8800GTX proved that they can churn out more frames for current games

get new monitors! :lol: play at high res super AA AF blahblahwathaveyous

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
i do have the m.s. flightsim x. (75$)ouch and at the settings i want to fly at kick the shnot out of my 68gt so i have to add my other 68gt.

hopefully flightsimx will have a patch for dx10 path like i have heard.
then i will upgrade to a dx10 card in the springtime.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Well now I'm not really looking forward to other games on my list as they can also be delayed for some reason. So unreliable.

Still waiting for:

STALKER
Quake Wars
Crysis?*sigh* :(

Sovereign

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Heh. Chuck, dont forget to add Duke Nukem Forever to that list.

I hear the release date for that title will be 12/7/2051. :lol:

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
These guys are totally blowing it on the business front. No real reason to upgrade to Vista, no DX10 games......wow, these guys should flunk Business 101. Launching products that have no real value/use for one year??!! Man, I'd fire the guys behind this.....no demand means no profit. Dumbarses. Plus, REAL BAD consumer backlash against them for building hype with no substance and expectations that simply cannot be met. I think they're all in for a rude awakening when they see poor sales.......

escrotumus

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
i do have the m.s. flightsim x. (75$)ouch and at the settings i want to fly at kick the shnot out of my 68gt so i have to add my other 68gt.

hopefully flightsimx will have a patch for dx10 path like i have heard.
then i will upgrade to a dx10 card in the springtime.

If by 68gt you mean 6800gt then adding another one will do nothing for fs9 or fsx. These sims are heavily cpu dependent and don't take advantage of multi-core or SLI. There is not a processor or video card made now that can run this game at full speed nor will there be in the future since all cpu's are going multi-core. MS really dropped the ball on the new version of flight sim by choosing not to support any of the latest hardware trends. I think everyone's hopes are on the dx10 patch VASTLY improving the frame rate of the game, and by vastly i mean 50-75%...

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
yas 6800gt,s. but when i add my secound card it plays much smoother.

i tried multiplayer fsx with one card and it seems to play smooth.
i need a mic for the multiplayer though.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
See the official site HERE (More HD Videos!)
March 30, 2007 in the US & UK, April in Australia

LOL YOU NOOB, thats not the "official site" as you would like to call it...look on the left where it says "DONATE" and on the homepage it says "Welcome to Crysis-Online :: The Unofficial Crysis Fansite", its a fanboy site trying to rip you off...omg I cannot believe you fell for it.here is the official site

and besides...that crappy link you provided clearly says at the top " Last Updated: June 29, 2006" ...thats not reliable.

If you want reliable go over to gamespot.com notice in the release date it says "Q3 2007"

Meanwhile I wait for:
Stalker
Ut 2007
Alan wake
Bioshock
Crysis
Huxley
Test Drive Unlimited (PC VER)

MCGTech

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
See the official site HERE (More HD Videos!)
March 30, 2007 in the US & UK, April in Australia

LOL YOU NOOB, thats not the "official site" as you would like to call it...look on the left where it says "DONATE" and on the homepage it says "Welcome to Crysis-Online :: The Unofficial Crysis Fansite", its a fanboy site trying to rip you off...omg I cannot believe you fell for it.here is the official site

and besides...that crappy link you provided clearly says at the top " Last Updated: June 29, 2006" ...thats not reliable.

If you want reliable go over to gamespot.com notice in the release date it says "Q3 2007"

OOps! my bad, I'll shut up now... says Sept. 4

I've officially peed my pants. :oops:

predatorgsr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
So what. It just means you have to wait a little longer. If I have to wait another 6 months so that they can fix all the bugs or playtest the levels thoroughly to make sure they are fun, I'm all for it. I'd rather they take the time to do it right then push out a game riddled with bugs.

And I always see reviews that says "x company should have kept the game another 6 months and worked out the bugs" and "a great idea turned into a crappy game due to rushed deadlines". But when a company does keep it for another 6 months, everyone complains?

Look, we all want to play the game sooner, but it is in everyone's best interests (except hardware makers) for them to delay the game. It just means I'm gonna wait to do my dx10 system build a little longer, and hopefully a bunch of vista patches will be out by then anyway.

thelostchild

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Look, we all want to play the game sooner, but it is in everyone's best interests (except hardware makers) for them to delay the game. It just means I'm gonna wait to do my dx10 system build a little longer, and hopefully a bunch of vista patches will be out by then anyway.

Also you never know but it may give you reason to delay and get an even better card than you were in the first place :)

pauldh

Illustrious
For me, it's Crysis and Test Drive Unlimited(PC). But both have been pushed off a few times. TDU was Sep 6, OC 24, and now Feb 13th. Oh well, gives me time to play Play Fear and break back out/finish Oblivion.