Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Crysis Delayed Again?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2006 2:27:16 PM

I was searching ebgames and now see not February 7th, but September 4, 2007!

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646828

Please tell me this is wrong. :cry: 

More about : crysis delayed

November 26, 2006 2:36:50 PM

Wonder what everyone's gonna do, sitting around with our hotrod DX10 cards and no games to support them.

By the time DX10 games come out, these cards will long since be replaced....... :evil: 
November 26, 2006 2:53:26 PM

so far only nvidia released dx10 cards

and both 8800GT and 8800GTX proved that they can churn out more frames for current games

get new monitors! :lol:  play at high res super AA AF blahblahwathaveyous
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2006 2:58:27 PM

Quote:
but September 4, 2007!


:cry: 
November 26, 2006 2:58:33 PM

This is so retarded, those developers are giving us bullsh*t all the time. Gaaahhhh......might as well delay that game to 2010 for DX15 support.
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2006 3:03:45 PM

i do have the m.s. flightsim x. (75$)ouch and at the settings i want to fly at kick the shnot out of my 68gt so i have to add my other 68gt.

hopefully flightsimx will have a patch for dx10 path like i have heard.
then i will upgrade to a dx10 card in the springtime.
November 26, 2006 3:03:53 PM

Just in time for my birthday....
November 26, 2006 3:13:14 PM

Well now I'm not really looking forward to other games on my list as they can also be delayed for some reason. So unreliable.

Still waiting for:

STALKER
Quake Wars
Crysis?*sigh* :( 
a c 363 U Graphics card
November 26, 2006 3:15:13 PM

oh well...
November 26, 2006 3:41:35 PM

Heh. Chuck, dont forget to add Duke Nukem Forever to that list.

I hear the release date for that title will be 12/7/2051. :lol: 
November 26, 2006 3:53:54 PM

These guys are totally blowing it on the business front. No real reason to upgrade to Vista, no DX10 games......wow, these guys should flunk Business 101. Launching products that have no real value/use for one year??!! Man, I'd fire the guys behind this.....no demand means no profit. Dumbarses. Plus, REAL BAD consumer backlash against them for building hype with no substance and expectations that simply cannot be met. I think they're all in for a rude awakening when they see poor sales.......
November 26, 2006 4:21:54 PM

Deleted nonsense
November 26, 2006 4:39:57 PM

Quote:
i do have the m.s. flightsim x. (75$)ouch and at the settings i want to fly at kick the shnot out of my 68gt so i have to add my other 68gt.

hopefully flightsimx will have a patch for dx10 path like i have heard.
then i will upgrade to a dx10 card in the springtime.


If by 68gt you mean 6800gt then adding another one will do nothing for fs9 or fsx. These sims are heavily cpu dependent and don't take advantage of multi-core or SLI. There is not a processor or video card made now that can run this game at full speed nor will there be in the future since all cpu's are going multi-core. MS really dropped the ball on the new version of flight sim by choosing not to support any of the latest hardware trends. I think everyone's hopes are on the dx10 patch VASTLY improving the frame rate of the game, and by vastly i mean 50-75%...
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2006 4:55:27 PM

yas 6800gt,s. but when i add my secound card it plays much smoother.

i tried multiplayer fsx with one card and it seems to play smooth.
i need a mic for the multiplayer though.
November 26, 2006 4:58:58 PM

Quote:
Heh. Chuck, dont forget to add Duke Nukem Forever to that list.

I hear the release date for that title will be 12/7/2051. :lol: 
:lol: 
November 26, 2006 5:30:52 PM

Quote:

See the official site HERE (More HD Videos!)
March 30, 2007 in the US & UK, April in Australia


LOL YOU NOOB, thats not the "official site" as you would like to call it...look on the left where it says "DONATE" and on the homepage it says "Welcome to Crysis-Online :: The Unofficial Crysis Fansite", its a fanboy site trying to rip you off...omg I cannot believe you fell for it.here is the official site

and besides...that crappy link you provided clearly says at the top " Last Updated: June 29, 2006" ...thats not reliable.

If you want reliable go over to gamespot.com notice in the release date it says "Q3 2007"

Meanwhile I wait for:
Stalker
Ut 2007
Alan wake
Bioshock
Crysis
Huxley
Test Drive Unlimited (PC VER)
November 26, 2006 5:40:13 PM

Quote:

See the official site HERE (More HD Videos!)
March 30, 2007 in the US & UK, April in Australia


LOL YOU NOOB, thats not the "official site" as you would like to call it...look on the left where it says "DONATE" and on the homepage it says "Welcome to Crysis-Online :: The Unofficial Crysis Fansite", its a fanboy site trying to rip you off...omg I cannot believe you fell for it.here is the official site

and besides...that crappy link you provided clearly says at the top " Last Updated: June 29, 2006" ...thats not reliable.

If you want reliable go over to gamespot.com notice in the release date it says "Q3 2007"



OOps! my bad, I'll shut up now... says Sept. 4

I've officially peed my pants. :oops: 
November 26, 2006 6:15:31 PM

So what. It just means you have to wait a little longer. If I have to wait another 6 months so that they can fix all the bugs or playtest the levels thoroughly to make sure they are fun, I'm all for it. I'd rather they take the time to do it right then push out a game riddled with bugs.

And I always see reviews that says "x company should have kept the game another 6 months and worked out the bugs" and "a great idea turned into a crappy game due to rushed deadlines". But when a company does keep it for another 6 months, everyone complains?

Look, we all want to play the game sooner, but it is in everyone's best interests (except hardware makers) for them to delay the game. It just means I'm gonna wait to do my dx10 system build a little longer, and hopefully a bunch of vista patches will be out by then anyway.
November 26, 2006 6:28:16 PM

Quote:

Look, we all want to play the game sooner, but it is in everyone's best interests (except hardware makers) for them to delay the game. It just means I'm gonna wait to do my dx10 system build a little longer, and hopefully a bunch of vista patches will be out by then anyway.


Also you never know but it may give you reason to delay and get an even better card than you were in the first place :) 
November 26, 2006 6:52:10 PM

This is a disappointment.
November 26, 2006 6:52:23 PM

The official site says the release date is Q1 2007 >.>
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2006 6:55:11 PM

For me, it's Crysis and Test Drive Unlimited(PC). But both have been pushed off a few times. TDU was Sep 6, OC 24, and now Feb 13th. Oh well, gives me time to play Play Fear and break back out/finish Oblivion.
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2006 6:59:10 PM

Sure does. :cry: 
November 26, 2006 7:01:39 PM

I'm praying for UT2007 to not catch the delay plague. Crysis looks amazing though, and it's a shame to see it get delayed again. Same with HL2: Episode 2 (especially TF2 and Portal).

The year 2007 will be associated with game delays.
November 26, 2006 7:33:18 PM

Quote:
These guys are totally blowing it on the business front. No real reason to upgrade to Vista, no DX10 games......wow, these guys should flunk Business 101. Launching products that have no real value/use for one year??!! Man, I'd fire the guys behind this.....no demand means no profit. Dumbarses. Plus, REAL BAD consumer backlash against them for building hype with no substance and expectations that simply cannot be met. I think they're all in for a rude awakening when they see poor sales.......


About Crysis, I'll still be crying next week I think. That's how lonf it's gonna take me to get over it, honest. :cry:  :wink:

Not the reason of the post, but I'll get Vista for my next computer as soon as it comes out, for my new computer. You know why? Imagine somebody here, 4 years ago, getting a new computer with WME over WXP because the second one didn't offer enough over WME. Would this guy be crying now you think? I won't touch Vista for my current system (see below), but I'll make sure to get my new computer next february only to make sure it's on Vista. Call me stupid and we'll talk again in 12 month and see who is?

Now time to go cry about Crysis delay :wink:
November 26, 2006 8:08:38 PM

man that sucks, i was ready to upgrade to, been a good 2 years since my last build, and the main purpose was dx10/crysis...now whats the point? i could care less for a flight simulator in dx10, and thats the only other game i know of thats in dx10, anyone else know of any other games that are dx10? i dont know about you guys, but i am plain and simply tired of delays in video games, i honestly dont think its to fix bugs, its seems like thats just turning into an excuse to TRY and build more hype, but it seems to do the opposite..kinda like stalker, when i first heard of that i thought the idea of the story was fantastic, real excited to play it..2 years later, im pissed off because it got pushed back 5 more times, the graphics now look out of date to me in trailers (they dont look bad, but defenetly not up to date) I read in all pc gamers and some game informers that PC gaming is at its peak right now...i dont know if im blind, but for the time being, seems to me consols are winning the consol/pc war.(coming from a pc gamer)
November 26, 2006 8:59:52 PM

Quote:

See the official site HERE (More HD Videos!)
March 30, 2007 in the US & UK, April in Australia


LOL YOU NOOB, thats not the "official site" as you would like to call it...look on the left where it says "DONATE" and on the homepage it says "Welcome to Crysis-Online :: The Unofficial Crysis Fansite", its a fanboy site trying to rip you off...omg I cannot believe you fell for it.here is the official site

and besides...that crappy link you provided clearly says at the top " Last Updated: June 29, 2006" ...thats not reliable.

If you want reliable go over to gamespot.com notice in the release date it says "Q3 2007"

Meanwhile I wait for:
Stalker
Ut 2007
Alan wake
Bioshock
Crysis
Huxley
Test Drive Unlimited (PC VER)

That's not the official site either. The official site isn't done yet.
http://www.crysis-game.com/
November 26, 2006 9:42:43 PM

With all the delays, these better be twice as good now. If not then I will not buy it "or" I'll buy the $5 boot legged version. :wink:
November 27, 2006 12:46:40 AM

$5??? LOL, that's $5 too much ;) 
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2006 6:25:35 AM

Even more time for me to get my laptop in shape. :twisted:

Although the summer would be better, September is too close to ski season, speaking of which.....





Maybe you need to invest in some planks and take your mind off the delays, something like these;



:mrgreen: <-my face is still frozen in a smile (F'in cold this weekend).
November 27, 2006 8:34:40 AM

Is no one here looking forward to Hellgate London? I agree with UT2007 and Testdrive Unlimited and CRYSIS :cry:  . Still waiting for my free copy of F.E.A.R. extraction point form my good friend...
November 27, 2006 8:59:20 AM

Oh yeah I forgot, Hellgate: London, Huxley, and UT2007 too.
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2006 9:00:15 AM

Quote:
Even more time for me to get my laptop in shape

Yeah, gives you lots of time to decide between a M76/M78 or G83M/G80M. SHoot, the way this is going, maybe whatever comes next (R700 based mobility). :evil: 
a c 363 U Graphics card
November 27, 2006 1:47:19 PM

I rather have a game that's delayed, than rushed. I don't play too many games so the only game that I can point to that was rushed out the door too quickly is Knights of the Old Republic 2. Too much cut content and some story inconsistancies. X3: Reunion is probably another one. However, I don't want delays to push games to the point of vaporware.
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2006 2:46:36 PM

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."

Granted patches for PC games help alleviate the problem to some degree.
November 27, 2006 2:49:26 PM

Snow bunnies and Banff......mmmmm.......... :lol: 


Well, you know what they say about the weather here in Canuckland:


There are only 2 seasons in Canada: hockey season and patio season ;) 

And sometimes if you're lucky, you get both at the same time 8)
November 27, 2006 4:31:06 PM

Quote:
$5??? LOL, that's $5 too much ;) 


Well it comes with a boot-legged version of the 8800GTX.
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2006 4:38:29 PM

cool pics i like the icewall castle look :D 

its fixin to get around 20degrees here in okla. 8O
November 27, 2006 4:49:22 PM

Quote:
cool pics i like the icewall castle look :D 

its fixin to get around 20degrees here in okla. 8O


It will be great weather for overclocking 8)
a c 363 U Graphics card
November 27, 2006 5:08:18 PM

Quote:
Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."


What made KOTOR II a bad game was that it had a lot of cut contents, the remaining was simply strung together to bring the game to an early ending.

I blame LucasArts since they demanded that Obsidian cut the project short for a Christmas release.
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2006 5:31:25 PM

Quote:

Yeah, gives you lots of time to decide between a M76/M78 or G83M/G80M. SHoot, the way this is going, maybe whatever comes next (R700 based mobility). :evil: 


Yeah I'm just thingking if I can get a solid, not power hungry, DX10 solution in the GF7600GT/X1700 performance range (a little more would be nice of course, as long as not eating batteries) then that would be great. I'm thinking mid-Feb is likely a good target time for the Santa Rosa Refresh, the introduction of Hybrid HDDs, and wider adoption of HD-DVD and HDMI. The only problem is I think I'll "have" to sell my 2GB of DDR2 667 if I'm on a Santa Rosa core since the FSB is 800mhz, and I don't want slow memory, I mean C'mon 667 when I could have 800? :twisted:
I have a feeling Vista will be a memory pig, and if there's still some Hypermemory action going on for things like Physics, and such, then 800mhz may have more impact then than the bump from 533 to 667 did now.
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2006 5:41:52 PM

Quote:

There are only 2 seasons in Canada: hockey season and patio season ;) 


Yep, or as I pronounce it, Hockey/Ski season, and Cottage season.

Quote:
And sometimes if you're lucky, you get both at the same time 8)


Yeah, unfortunately, the two don't mix well for me, Ski season is out here in the Mountains, where there's not as good water options, and the Cottage is back in OnatriariarioOO where there's lotsa lakes, but limited skiing.

Quote:
cool pics i like the icewall castle look


Yeah I was thinking of bringing it back to the house in segmnents and rebuilding it in the back yard, but I must have misplaced it somehow because by the time I got home, there was only water in the rubbermaid containers. 8O

Actually they had a nice setup there, but they've now made all the chalets non-smoking, so no nice apres-ski stoggie and pints. And it was too windy and cold to smoke on the hill. Maybe next time.

I hope Sunshine mountain still let's us smoke at the 'old lodge' bar because there's a gang of us going there to ski and smoke and celebrate a new baby to the ski crew.
November 27, 2006 6:18:26 PM



Quote:
That's not the official site either. The official site isn't done yet.
http://www.crysis-game.com/


ugh

Actually I was right fyi...if you look at my link and mouse over "Games" then click on the link for the official site...its the link you provided.

So in all actuality they are both the official site since they are on the same site.

@TheGreatGrapeApe
Nice pics

@Kanoobie
Your welcome

@Pauldh
Yeah, delays suck, but in the end it's entirely worth it..most of the time

@Ryan_D
I dont want UT2007 to be delayed either

@Dade_0182
Oh yeah...I forgot Hellgate: London :oops: 
November 27, 2006 6:28:57 PM

Cool. For some reason I couldn't get there from that link. I know you were responding to me, but you quoted someone else as saying it. Oh well, it's all the same in the end. :) 
November 27, 2006 7:33:21 PM

i dont really think that hellgate london looks that good and the gameplay looks kinda confusing & lame :\
November 27, 2006 10:11:13 PM

Quote:
Is no one here looking forward to Hellgate London?


I am, cant wait :D  :D  :D 
November 27, 2006 10:50:23 PM

Quote:
This is so retarded, those developers are giving us bullsh*t all the time. Gaaahhhh......might as well delay that game to 2010 for DX15 support.


I'd rather deal with them than the developers shoving things out the door before they're done.
November 28, 2006 3:33:52 AM

Who here thinks NFS Carbon was a total waste of money and way too short and easy for the long wait for it?

I finished the game in like 2 days and I didn't play nonstop. I went to church, watched the sunday night movie, went to work the next day for 8.5 hours and finished the game after work. The challenge series and reward cards adds like another 2 or maybe 3 days.

Test drive unlimited looks great. Kinda like sims and a race game in one. Something to keep my other half busy as well so I can hang with the guys.
!