Apps won't go full screen

Recently my applications stopped displaying on the entire screen. I can still
see about 1 inch of my desk top at the top of the screen. Did I click on
something? Help to restore full screen would be appreciated. Thanks.......Gary

confers no rights.

Hi Gary,

Try clicking on the middle button in the upper right of
the app window (if you hover over it you should
see "maximize"). It should look like a rectangle with a
thick top. If that's not it, please post back here.

Hope that helps,

Jay

It is already maximized. I was playing around recently with PROPERTIES
,Apperarance, fonts etc to try and get a visual that was easier for me to
read. Print on some web sites was illegible. But I dont think i changed
anything that would affect the position of the opened program
(Exel,Quicken,outlook,IE)

"Jay Turney [MSFT]" wrote:

> confers no rights.
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> Try clicking on the middle button in the upper right of
> the app window (if you hover over it you should
> see "maximize"). It should look like a rectangle with a
> thick top. If that's not it, please post back here.
>

> Hope that helps,
>
> Jay

This is a laptop. The side to side is OK. Down to the bottom is OK. It just
shows that darned one inch at the top. Can't drag up....but I can drag it
down. I can restore to the smaller size and move the image just about anywher
except for the final one inch at the top

"Gary VH" wrote:

> "Jay Turney [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > confers no rights.
> >
> > Hi Gary,
> >
> > Try clicking on the middle button in the upper right of
> > the app window (if you hover over it you should
> > see "maximize"). It should look like a rectangle with a
> > thick top. If that's not it, please post back here.
> >

> > Hope that helps,
> >
> > Jay

Assuming that your laptop screen is not out of adjustment and from what you
describe it does not appear to be so, try using System Restore to take you
back to a time prior to when this began. Start\All
Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:19:05 -0800, Gary VH wrote:

> Recently my applications stopped displaying on the entire screen. I can still
> see about 1 inch of my desk top at the top of the screen. Did I click on
> something? Help to restore full screen would be appreciated. Thanks.......Gary

Try clicking the restore button (upper right hand corner, in the middle)
and then maximizing again (same button clicked a second time). If the
window does not resize to the top of the screen perhaps you need to adjust
the monitor.

If a desktop monitor, there should be buttons on the monitor itself for
adjusting various aspects of the display. You'll need to explore the menus
a bit but you're looking for the adjustment that will lengthen the screen
vertically. After lengthening, you may need to use the "center vertically"
control as well.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:21:01 -0800, Gary VH wrote:

> This is a laptop. The side to side is OK. Down to the bottom is OK. It just
> shows that darned one inch at the top. Can't drag up....but I can drag it
> down. I can restore to the smaller size and move the image just about anywher
> except for the final one inch at the top

Gary, if there are no software controls for adjusting the screen area -
suggest you contact tech support for the laptop. This is an issue with the
laptop's monitor as it's not using that upper inch at all.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

> Recently my applications stopped displaying on the entire screen. I
> can still see about 1 inch of my desk top at the top of the screen.
> Did I click on something? Help to restore full screen would be
> appreciated. Thanks.......Gary

Windows remembers the size of the last Normal window closed.
Open such a window.
Don't use the maximize button.
Stretch the edges/corners so that the window fills the screen.
Close all other windows for that program.
Close the stretched window.

If that doesn't do it try the REG file here for IE:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#IEMax

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com