How can I format C: drive.I have xphome on it,its fat32..

How can I format C: drive.I have xphome on it,its fat32..

I wish to install win98se onto it..
I have had it with XP home it keeps loosing the network.
I feel I should go back, cannot aford to keep taking it
into the shop..

Thank you
D.

If you have the boot floppy made when you first setup Windows 98 boot from
it, if not, go to www.bootdisk.com and create such a disk. Boot from that
disk, be sure to use the option to boot with CD-ROM drivers, when it
finishes booting, type Format C: and press enter. Once complete, place the
98se disk in the drive, switch to the CD-ROM drive, type setup and follow
the prompts.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Dorothy wrote:
> How can I format C: drive.I have xphome on it,its fat32..
>
> I wish to install win98se onto it..
> I have had it with XP home it keeps loosing the network.
> I feel I should go back, cannot aford to keep taking it
> into the shop..
>
> Thank you
> D.

Click on or copy and paste the link below into your web browser address box.
Remove XP and install 98/Me
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#how5
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

Thanks just what I was looking for
D.

Michael Solomon (MS-MVP) wrote:

> If you have the boot floppy made when you first setup Windows 98 boot from
> it, if not, go to www.bootdisk.com and create such a disk. Boot from that
> disk, be sure to use the option to boot with CD-ROM drivers, when it
> finishes booting, type Format C: and press enter. Once complete, place the
> 98se disk in the drive, switch to the CD-ROM drive, type setup and follow
> the prompts.

You're welcome.

--

Dorothy wrote:
> How can I format C: drive.I have xphome on it,its fat32..
>
> I wish to install win98se onto it..
> I have had it with XP home it keeps loosing the network.
> I feel I should go back, cannot aford to keep taking it
> into the shop..
>
> Thank you
> D.

The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system is to format
the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

Only if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to backup
the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS, can
you then boot into Safe Mode and click Start > Control Panel
> Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions must be met for the
uninstall option to be available.

Otherwise:

How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: