Status
Not open for further replies.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
So here's the issue.

Title: Apple patents
Article: Apple has applied for a patent
So witch one is it? Did apple applied or was granted? Might wanna get your story straight.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
MEMO
Distribution: company-wide

All employees are hereby required to wear company provided gloves vest and necktie.

The gloves and vest will monitor and profile your posture and activity levels to ensure that employee performance levels fit within company standard minimums. Your necktie will monitor your swallow reflex to ensure that you are not consuming more than the allotted maximum quantity of coffee - 1 standard cup per day. We look forward to tracking you. Kiss your freedoms goodbye.

Sincerely,
Your corporate overlords.

ps, this memo also applies to all elementary and high school students attending schools run by this corporation.

drbaltazar

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
OK NOW !calm down ,apple is in the house,we got a patent now ,so all you wanabe better pay up now,yes this means you too ms ,you sold how many million of those Kinect?also you leap!so tired of this stupidity.if the corp doesn't mass produce said patent they shouldn't get it,period

Patents should not be granted in such a general way without any form of physical product or method of implementation Coming up with an idea does not mean when someone else thinks of the same thing but implements it in a way not detailed in the patent troll application should not leave the creator paying a patent holder for nothing but paperwork filed with a board that grants these vague patents due to $corporate influence$

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Great, now ill know if my package was dropped during its 2000 mile trip across the USA...

I worked in shipping once, and let me inform you they do not treat them like new born babies when they pack them into the trailer. That "impact sensor" will be going off every time it is loaded.

LOL Apple trying to patent concepts in many science fiction movies. If this just pertains to a device they have created then shouldn't it be use of said device? I don't think they should be allowed to coop ideals from authors. Example this would block the creation of nano bots for health monitoring if allowed to be so broadly defined.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
insurance company: "well we can't cover that we actually cancelled your policy 7 hours before your heart attack, your iphone 19 detected a heart arithmia and apple sold us the data so we dropped your coverage, enjoy your $xx,xxx.xx bill"

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]bombebomb[/nom]I worked in shipping once, and let me inform you they do not treat them like new born babies when they pack them into the trailer.[/citation]
Most packages can take at least a little bit of abuse.

Excessive rough-handling on the other hand can get expensive when companies instruct customers to refuse the package if the seal or box is damaged.

As far as Apple's new patent goes, sounds like another case of Apple patenting the obvious. Make sensors cheap and small enough, you can start embedding/sticking them into/onto everything. Sports injury researchers have been working on helmets and mouth pieces with embedded accelerometers to keep track of potential brain/head/neck injuries in contact sports for a few years already.

G

isnt it only expansion of location service that has been existed before?

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]Patents should not be granted in such a general way without any form of physical product or method of implementation Coming up with an idea does not mean when someone else thinks of the same thing but implements it in a way not detailed in the patent troll application should not leave the creator paying a patent holder for nothing but paperwork filed with a board that grants these vague patents due to $corporate influence$[/citation]

I totally agree.

drbaltazar

Distinguished
May 21, 2010

See I regret to in for you your package was dropped 2000 time we refund your item of course !what was in the package?soccer ball!grin

Status
Not open for further replies.