Ultimate Tv Tuner Questions...

Prodigyeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
I'm in the market for a good TV tuner for my new computer system. Money is not an issue. My System mobo will have an Extra PCIx16 slot and plenty of 1x and regular PCI. It will have more then enough processing power and more then enough RAM for any TV tuner card i get. The FSB will have a max mhz of 1333 so speed isnt a issue.. The Video card i have is a Gforce 8800.. basically.. my computer will not be a limiting factor in whatever card i get.

What I want:

I will want the video output out of my video card. Those ATI all in ones Videocard / Tvtuner will limit the functions i'll want this thing to do. Basically i'm a gamer and will need the Gforce speeds and i'll be limited by the all in one video processing out speeds. (this is not negotiable)

A dual HDTV Tuner with Analog support. OR a decent Software package that will enable a Record one channel watch another.. One that doesnt lock up every 10 mins cause of poor programming.

I would like HARDWARE Mpeg4 and Mpeg2 coding.. (It's not a deal breaker but close) I hate having to convert everything so it will play on my Ipod.

I'd like to have it bundled with MCE. Doesnt need to be.

Supports Cable TV in.. and also Satallite TV in. Doesnt need a encryption decoder but wouldnt hurt as it would be easier not to have my boxes feed my computer.

A Remote would be nice but not really needed.

And of course PCI

If Money isnt a issue.. If Processing speeds isnt a issue. If nothing limits your choice. What would you get? I've spent months trying to find the perfect card but I cant. So, i'm asking for help. If one card cant do it.. What would you do? Get 2 different ones? I honestly need some help. Most review are 1 year old and there has got to been movment in this market.

I need help from people who have tinkered with various tuners.. I need help from the people who look at the pie in the sky tuner they'd like to get but cant afford... I just need some help finding a tuner card for my new system. Just toss me some links in this thread if you can please. HELP PLEASE! =D

Prodigyeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
You got any other options? I really wasnt looking for a USB Device.

And what is different about http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p17_Technotrend-Premium-C...00-Hybr

then a normal pci card avaliable through Other makers? I cant read german and the Google translation leaves somethign to be desired about the technical keywords i';m looking for. I live in the states.. i dont mind buying from oversease if it gets me a damn good card.

If you could get any card you'd get those? Show me the best thing \out there !!!!!!!!

Thank you for even responding

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
the answer premiun cards are tv cards that uses hardware compresion
dvb-c are cable cards that can receive cable station.
the card from pinnacle can receive both cable and digital terresistial signals.
for something similar to technotrend u can use hauppauge cards.
http://www.hauppauge.com/html/products.htm
u can compare and choose the right for u.