I have a little more info for my usb

firebadbobb

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
when i restated my pc i checked the rev on bios and its up to date. then went into setup and went to usb settings and it let me mess with options for usb but it said my usb device is not enabled. any feel like helping?
:D

vanka

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
So what exactly are you trying to do with the USB options? If the USB headers are disabled you probably want to enable them to be able to make use of them.

vanka

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
Ok, I found and read your previous post. If the USB ports on the motherboard aren't working, they're either fried or, as it appears to be your case, disabled. There should be 3 options for you to choose from in the BIOS: 1) Disable 2) USB v1.1 (or some variation) and 3) USB 1.1&2.0 (or again some variation). Select the third option that enables both legacy USB (1.1) and hi-speed USB (2.0). You don't need to worry about drivers for hi-speed USB if you have XP SP2 installed; I also believe (but not sure) that you don't need any drivers in SP1. Legacy USB does not require drivers from Windows 98 and higher. In any case, you will be prompted to upgrade to SP2 to be able to use USB 2.0 devices if you don't have the necessary drivers.