Open File Security Warning

Every time I power up my Laptop, a box appears as above referring to a
Chat.exe file from an Unknown Publisher. I don't want to Chat and I don't
want to have this box displayed at all. How can I eliminate, please?

In your Start menu, go to Programs --> Startup to see whether the link to
the program is listed there. If so, just right click the shortcut and delete
it.

Also, click Start Menu --> Run and type in "msconfig" (no quotations), then
click on the Startup tab to see if the program is listed there. If so,
uncheck the box next to the appropriate program and Chat.exe will be
disabled at next boot-up.

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/msntral

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

jacjon wrote:
> Every time I power up my Laptop, a box appears as above referring to a
> Chat.exe file from an Unknown Publisher. I don't want to Chat and I don't
> want to have this box displayed at all. How can I eliminate, please?

Uninstall the application.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: