Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard suggestions - Help Please!

Last response: in Motherboards
November 27, 2006 1:37:44 AM

Hi,

I'm looking to build a new system and am having trouble deciding on a motherboard. I'm going with a Duo 2 E6700 CPU and am leaning towards going with a SLI video setup. I'm not planning on doing any overclocking but will be replacing the standard heatsink with a Zalman CNPS9700. I'll also be running 2 gb of DDR2 800 ram.

The problem is that I'm not finding very many motherboards with conroe support and SLI so I'm having trouble deciding which is better. I've also looked into running a Crossfire setup with ATI but would only go that route if the motherboard selection forced me that way.

Has anyone had any success with the Conroe cpu's and SLI? Are there any clear motherboard winners right now (other then the striker extreme which is $400.00+)?

Thanks for the help!
November 27, 2006 9:29:32 AM

For sli setup i would recomend either the asus p5w DH deluxe or the evga 680i. Also if you plan on OCing then there is no point in getting the E6700. Just get the E6600 and OC it to the same or higher clock speeds.
November 27, 2006 9:56:37 AM

asus striker extreme mobo! nforce 680i chipset
November 27, 2006 8:01:00 PM

Thanks for the replies. I don't think the Asus p5w dh deluxe allows nvidia SLI does it? I would consider the striker except its 200.00+ what most other motherboards cost. Anyone have experience with other motherboards they would recommend?

Thanks again!
!