Boycott CREATIVE - Windows 7, like Vista, is [in reality] unsupported]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitros85

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
As with windows Vista, Creative yet again fails in the Window 7's department.
It doesn't matter if it's their newest PCI-E sound card, or their older X-Fi or anything inbetween.

Their drivers could LITERALLY be programmed better by a retarded monkey.

Literally.

If you have Creative X-Fi sound cards, stick with XP or get rid of Creative's piece of crap once and for all. If you are buying a sound card, go with ANY other company.

ANY other company would suffice. Not only does Creative have god-awful customer service, non-existent drivers, [required] programs that consumers CANNOT get outside of a helpful non-Creative community, but Creative decides that Alkemy (a horrible program) and worse-than-retarded-monkey drivers are a key selling point.

And that's not even mentioning the massive issue of:

1) Snap

2) Crackle

3) Pop

I hate you Creative X-fi. One more messup... and Windows 7 is keeping motherboard HD Audio.

I'm using a Creative X-Fi Titanium card in my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 desktop at home. It works great. In fact, it actually works better in 7 than it did in Vista. The driver for 7 has been rock solid for me ever since I installed the RTM build of 7 in early August.

But then again, if a retarded monkey can write Creative's drivers for them, you best be get coding, eh nitros?

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Have you searched their site? Looks like the people commented here doesn't have the problems you had. Just make sure it isn't a human problem, eh? If you hate it that much then ditch the product and go somewhere else.

Just because the drivers are available, doesn't mean they actually work the way they're supposed to... Creative has actually been quite lackluster in the driver department. Now I wouldn't go so far as to compare their driver team to retarded monkeys, but they seriously do need to fix their products.

I bought and Audigy card and it worked great... so when I got a new build together, I purchased an Audigy 2. Thanks to the infamous problem with VIA chipsets, I removed the Audigy 2 and started using onboard audio. Then I started reading that the crackling issue that I thought was exclusive to VIA chipset motherboards wasn't so exclusive to them after all. I really wanted a Xi-Fi for my latest build, but after what I've read I decided the money spent would not be worth it. My onboard audio works flawlessly... it will take a lot of convincing to get me to buy another Creative sound card.

I agree, their drivers do need some work, as I personally have not had any problems but I have read many stories from people who have. The only thing I ever noticed was certain features in the X-Fi series cards were disabled in Vista, with no explanation from Creative as to why this was done. I didn't need the feature anyway (so much so that I can't even recall what it was now), so I didn't bother complaining to Creative about it.

Stupido

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I also have some problems though not big - just with the latest driver the shutdown went from 30-40 seconds to like 4-5 minutes... Annoying but not deal break thing. But I installed the Daniel_K pack and now I have correct working drivers...

However, it looks like that Creative has very poor support and even worse driver team. The only point in their defense is the fact that Vista/Win 7 killed their advantage in hardware accelerated audio so they had to go to different route (Alchemy).

In any case if I should by other sound card ( I already have 2 of them - Extreme Gamer & Extreme Gamer Pro) for sure it will not be Creative's. Nowadays there are some nice competitors - asus & auzentec ;)

N19h7M4r3

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
the oficial driver pack for audigys is a piece of crap... it had almost none of the features it should... huray for the unofficial driver pack going around in the torrent community... creative should be ashamed, and i hope they know they lost at least one customer... asus here i come...

hssreddragon

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
The drivers have been sufficient to work with the OS but being fully functional with applications is a totally different story.

In Vista we were stuck with beta drivers for like a year after the release of the OS. Also, along with Vista came the wonderful EAX support issue which as far as I'm concerned still hasn't been resolved despite the Alchemy software which supports like 5 games out of the hundreds of titles that support it.

Specifically games like Battlefield 2 and 2142 if you enable the 20DB Mic boost gain in game it disables it on the OS and if you then enable it on the OS it disables it in game.

Guild Wars and many other titles have the EAX support buttons but you can't even select them most times.

The whole reason to purchase a higher end sound card is to get the hardware sound support and reduce or remove the load on the onboard motherboard sound cards. I don't know how the Fatal1ty is because frankly I've been afraid to dish that kind of money out for one of their products due to the support or lack thereof they've given to their other products. I've mainly been dealing with the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer which must stand for Xtremely frustrating for Gamers rather than made for Games.

While I'm happy the drivers are out and working for the most in Windows 7 so far I'm far from being satisfied with Creative's ability to support their product as technology changes. Since they are the big dog on the block regarding sound cards they seem more willing to deny rather than embrace change or have simply hit a brick wall in their own R&D department and see no need to be out in front of the technology curve.

Creative *did* end of life an awful lot of existing products when Vista came out, and their drivers certainly do leave a lot to be desired. And when someone in the community stepped up (Daniel K) and made a set of drivers that worked, rather than flip the guy a few bucks for his work Creative Sued him.

Their current offerings may or may not be up to snuff... But for sure I won't be testing or bothering with them. I don't support this company any more.

I lost a lot of respect for Creative when they sued Daniel K. I hope many others were as unimpressed as I was with that move.

MickyDee

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
I have an X-FI Fatality running on Vista 64 bit and although I had to search the site to find them; once installed they worked fine... hopefully the one's for Win 7 will also work ok..

Despotes

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I am having the same popping, crackign problem as many with Windows 7 64 bit with an Extreme gamer. Creative's site is of no help. The card was fine with Vista 64 bit.

I am ready to buy a different card.

HyroProto

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
So true..So true..

I have used both the Extreme Music & Xtreme gamer cards & they both sucked in Windows 7..

the drivers are there..but THEY DONT WORK PROPERLY

everyday i have to pull the card out & re-slot it or it will not be recognized... thats when I've installed all the latest drivers+play for sure (yeah..the idiots have a separate plugin to recognize your Creative products..WTF)

and when i installed Alchemy..I got a blue screen in W7 with memory dumping saying "A newly installed Hardware has stopped working"...

Just like to warn people..If you are using Windows 7 64x..Do not..DO NOT..get a creative Xtreme Gamer, Music or a Audio card.. or u will experience a world of pain & suffering as creative completely ignores all requests for proper drivers for W7 & has refused to accept that there is even a freaking problem (just check out the creative forums for countless such issues from uses on their cards not getting recognized inwin7)

Status
Not open for further replies.