Unable to access WET54G in browser

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
For some reason I cannot access the web utility for my WET54G.

I enter 192.168.1.226 (As far as I know that is the correct ip) and I get nothing. The page resets in Firefox and doesn't respond in IE.

I can access my Router just fine (both the bridge and Router are Linksys).
The WET54G works fine (my pc is connected to it now) but it's annoying as hell not being able to get into the utility.

Any ideas?

site3op

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
The IP you gave is a private IP that a NIC will usually assign to itself when it doesn't get an IP from the network. Is that what you assigned as the IP on your router? If not it is probably the default IP of 192.168.0.1

KenS

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
8) lonelypauly,

I had the same problem with my WET54G, until I discovered that both the 'User Name' and 'Password' need to have "admin" in BOTH their respective fields, and then the WET54G browser utility will open.

This and another issue was sent to Linksys and they have not responded.

There user manuals don't cover this!

:D Ken S.

site3op

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
If you take a look at the posted IP, you'll see this is not going to be the router's IP. The OP also states nothing comes up in the browser, if it were hitting the router, then the login fields would be displayed.

KenS

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
@site3op,
If you read lonelypauly's note carefully you will notice that he's trying to gain access to a bridge (WET54G) via a web browser. What lonelypauly needs to do is direct connect his bridge to the PC without the router. Once he's connected and verifies that the bridge is responding using the bridge's setup.exe utility. He then can enter http://192.168.1.226 in the browser's address box and then the 'User Name' and 'Password' box should appear. If he doesn't get a response then he will have to configure the IP address for the bridge manually.