Wireless Webcams

If I'm in the wrong group perhaps someone could point me in the right
direction,

Firstly I know nothing on webcams, a friend who wishes to set up a
webcam of sunsets from where he live would need the webcam to be setup
approximately 100mtrs away from his house where obviously the computer
would be. Someone said to me wireless technology ( something I've
never used) would maybe solve the problem.
What is the maximum distance a webcam can operate away from the
computer remotely will work using this technology.

Any info on a easy to understand site would be appreciated.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless webcams

    "Optional" <wouldntyouliketoknow@noseyman.com> wrote in message

    > Firstly I know nothing on webcams, a friend who wishes to set up a
    > webcam of sunsets from where he live would need the webcam to be setup
    > approximately 100mtrs away from his house where obviously the computer

    You need a very good webcam to capture a sunset!!

    --

    - Tony Sutton
    - http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

    On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 08:48:32 +0100, "Tony Sutton"
    <Tony@hypertony.co.ukNOSPAM> wrote:

    > > Firstly I know nothing on webcams, a friend who wishes to set up a
    > > webcam of sunsets from where he live would need the webcam to be setup
    > > approximately 100mtrs away from his house where obviously the computer
    >
    > You need a very good webcam to capture a sunset!!

    This is with "el ceapo cam"
    http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85710887/docs/snapshots/cloud_004.jpg
    http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85710887/docs/snapshots/

    The camera is Philips ToUcam XS CMOS chip
    http://www.pc-cameras.philips.com/index_manuals.html

Webcams Wireless Peripherals