Wireless Webcams

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b F Wireless
July 4, 2004 3:57:12 AM

If I'm in the wrong group perhaps someone could point me in the right
direction,

Firstly I know nothing on webcams, a friend who wishes to set up a
webcam of sunsets from where he live would need the webcam to be setup
approximately 100mtrs away from his house where obviously the computer
would be. Someone said to me wireless technology ( something I've
never used) would maybe solve the problem.
What is the maximum distance a webcam can operate away from the
computer remotely will work using this technology.

Any info on a easy to understand site would be appreciated.

Thanks

More about : wireless webcams

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 4, 2004 12:48:32 PM

"Optional" <wouldntyouliketoknow@noseyman.com> wrote in message

> Firstly I know nothing on webcams, a friend who wishes to set up a
> webcam of sunsets from where he live would need the webcam to be setup
> approximately 100mtrs away from his house where obviously the computer

You need a very good webcam to capture a sunset!!

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 08:48:32 +0100, "Tony Sutton"
<Tony@hypertony.co.ukNOSPAM> wrote:

> > Firstly I know nothing on webcams, a friend who wishes to set up a
> > webcam of sunsets from where he live would need the webcam to be setup
> > approximately 100mtrs away from his house where obviously the computer
>
> You need a very good webcam to capture a sunset!!

This is with "el ceapo cam"
http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85710887/docs/snapshots/cloud...
http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85710887/docs/snapshots/

The camera is Philips ToUcam XS CMOS chip
http://www.pc-cameras.philips.com/index_manuals.html
!