price-performance charts

CoolCountDracula

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
I had two concerns regarding the price performance charts.

1.) Why aren’t any of the amd overclocked processors included? Just to make a fair comparison.
2.) Core 2 Duo E6300 is not included. For once it’s the cheapest c2d available. Secondly possibly it shud overclock just as good as E6400 making it the best deal.

Thanks

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
They only include things they have tested and have actual data for. We've been talking about the e6300 for a while, but they still haven't done the tests and data yet so they won't put it on there. Either way, even without all that info, the chart is just supposed to serve as a rough guideline, not an end all be all.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
They only include things they have tested and have actual data for. We've been talking about the e6300 for a while, but they still haven't done the tests and data yet so they won't put it on there. Either way, even without all that info, the chart is just supposed to serve as a rough guideline, not an end all be all.
He's right though. They should overclock an x2 3800+ or something. While it can be agreed that K8 isn't as overclockable as C2D, it's still overclockable....and we all know how much value a good overclock is worth. :wink:

CoolCountDracula

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
i know they don't put up stuff they haven't tested but why aren't they testing e6300.

and as for amd i think they have overclocked those processors many times. even if those were of radically different hardware its just not fair for compare overclocked processors of intel to factory clocked amds. atleast 2-3 amd processors should be overclocked just for fair comparison.