Lost my default beep!!

December 31, 2004 7:39:06 AM

"Default beep" is missing from list of sounds and I get a pathetic squeak
from the computer speaker if I adjust the volume slider. It affects my user
only - other users are OK. "Default beep" was missing from
HKCU\...\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache in the Registry so I added the correct
value back (copied from another user), but no change. What must I do? How
did I lose it in the first place???

Thanks
--
Jeff