extremepilot

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
OK lets get right to the point.

I have a D865PERL and a Raidmax Scorpio 868. Now I was just looking on THIS site, and the following picture shows the order on my motherboard:

instusb1a.jpg

In this picture, you can see the way my cables appear to be:

usbheaderha3.jpg

Now if you look at the cables, and then look at the motherboard pins, you'll see that you actually have to flip the cables over to make them fit correctly. Is this right?

desolationw

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
NO, if you are putting the USB1 Pin Group on Line 1 then

VCC = P
USB1- = D-
USB1+ = D+
GND = G

and USB2 to Line 2:

VCC = P
USB2- = D-
USB2+ = D+
GND = G

At least thats how i understand it.

extremepilot

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
Which would mean you would have the flip the cables, so the label is facing down, otherwise they don't match up, right?

Picture the guy plugging it into the picture, you have Power in Ground, Ground in Power, D+ in D- and D- in D+... all upside down

extremepilot

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
ok thanks. i plugged it in and the labels are facing down.
Now is there any way to see if they are functioning properly BESIDES plugging in a device?
see, before the usb ports were not plugged in correctly and it ended up killing my mp3 player.

JMecc

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
All the mobo's I've put into cases have the cables' writing facing down. This seems to be the default although I don't know why.

Jo

pat

Expert
OK lets get right to the point.

I have a D865PERL and a Raidmax Scorpio 868. Now I was just looking on THIS site, and the following picture shows the order on my motherboard:

instusb1a.jpg

In this picture, you can see the way my cables appear to be:

usbheaderha3.jpg

Now if you look at the cables, and then look at the motherboard pins, you'll see that you actually have to flip the cables over to make them fit correctly. Is this right?

no.. you have to flip the motherboard

Nova46

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
I think I plugged in my case USB ports wrong into my motherboard...and I found out the hard way. About a week ago I plugged in my Corsair 1 GB flash drive and the system immediatly shut off and I saw sparks coming from the USB port rofl. Needless to say, my flash drive is now toast. Nothing else was damaged though. They need to make those connections more clear... I followed the instruction manual :?