Sign in with
Your question

LCD Refresh Rates... Element FLX-3202

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 27, 2006 5:30:10 PM

So this is my first post here on Toms hardware, but I have been an avid reader since I can remember this site coming out.

My first question for all you hardware buffs is regarding refresh rate on lcd's. I was one of the "lucky" ones to get the Element FLX-3202 32" LCD from Home Depot on Black Friday. Now that I have it set up, my refresh rate options in display properties goes up to 100 mhz i believe. I always thought lcd's have a max of 60 hz. Am I wrong? If I set this to the max, will I hurt the monitors life at all?

2nd question is regarding hdmi. It has an hdmi port, but I would need to get a cable that is dvi to hdmi in order to use my current video card via hdmi. 1, will I then be able to use the max resolution(1336x768) as opposed to 1280x1024 via vga port. 2, How big of a quality difference will i see from the standard vga vs hdmi?

Thanks in advance for any response to this post.
November 28, 2006 3:01:25 PM

Wow, so i guess this is my first and last post here. I can't believe out of 44 views nobody can answer my question. Not a very helpful crowd i guess, and judging by replies in other posts here, there is data to support my comment.

Good day.
January 18, 2007 11:30:06 AM

Quote:
Just stick with the regular VGA cable. You woun't get a better picture using an adabter cable. The HDMI inputs are for Blueray/ HD DVD players and game systems. If you have a good enough video card you should have no problem getting it to use the native resolution of the monitor. And just leave the refresh rate as it is. Unless the picture is looking like crap. Then play with the setting s to see if you can get it working better.

That's true I'm using a DVI-VGA connection on my Vizio 32" LCD at 1366x768@60hz and have no issues when playing games or watching a movie. I have a XFX 7950GX2 GPU, and it picked up on my HDTV with no problems. The games looks amazing on this TV, no ghosting, or tearing. I had a 22" NEC CRT before this LCD, and I wont go back.

January 21, 2007 6:11:59 AM

Quote:
Wow, so i guess this is my first and last post here. I can't believe out of 44 views nobody can answer my question. Not a very helpful crowd i guess, and judging by replies in other posts here, there is data to support my comment.

Good day.

just having a bad day? when asking for advice, are you sure this is the most effective tone to take? :?
!