Rise of nations starting from a disc copy

Tags:
  • Backup
  • Macintosh
  • Mac OS X
Last response: in Mac Os X
January 15, 2013 9:47:21 AM

Hello,
My Rise of Nations Gold for Mac recently cracked outward from the spindle. I have a backup copy and the app is already installed. However, when I go to play the game from inserting the copy, I told "Install original disc." This is impossible since the original is damaged. Is there any work-around to have the copy recognized as the original? Thanks.

More about : rise nations starting disc copy

January 15, 2013 10:21:44 AM

tony22 said:
Hello,
My Rise of Nations Gold for Mac recently cracked outward from the spindle. I have a backup copy and the app is already installed. However, when I go to play the game from inserting the copy, I told "Install original disc." This is impossible since the original is damaged. Is there any work-around to have the copy recognized as the original? Thanks.

How did you make the copy, and now you know you should always test your work before storing it away! If you just did a disk copy, then all files are not copied that are needed to run the game. You have to make a disk image. There is not much you can do, except contact the company who made the game and request a replacement disk.
January 15, 2013 10:42:30 AM

There is another point here to do with copy protection, In any case the reason it does not work is stated as above in order for it to work the image of the disk has to be duplicated sector by sector of the original cd or DvD structure. If not done the copy protection built into the software will know this. No Match no game play. Like said if you just copied all of the files from the disk, then burned them to a backup it`s why it will not work as jitpublisher says +1 Anyway by law you are entitled to make a backup of say a game disk for personal use, as long as it is not re sold, lent or hired, you have not breached copyright laws. Just a small note there. But it looks loke your going to have to buy a new disk, or buy the game via Steam and download it. Personaly that`s why I like steam, Disk gets broke for example, always got a backup in the Digital locker system of the Game, as long as you remember to keep the CD/DVD key also.
!