Code Purple for HDD going into my gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxEnigma

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
I currently built a new gaming rig and didn't want to have to buy a new copy of Windows 7 to install on a hard drive so I tried using the HDD i had in the Comp I used until now, the first couple of times I booted the system after setting up the BIOS it said there was something wrong with windows and prompted me into the system restore menu. I decided to reinstall to factory conditions and then after doing this I ran into the Code Purple error. Does anybody know how to work around this, or am I going to have to just reinstall windows all together...

The Comp I'm building has

Asus Crosshair IV,
Diamond Radeon HD6870
8 gigs of G. Skill ripjaws
The HDD from a HP comp
CM HyperN520 for the CPU cooler
and a 700w power supply

Solution
If the motherboards are different, you will need to do a clean install since the current version of windows you have has the drivers for the old motherboard installed. You can try a repair install, but a clean install is recommended.

FoxEnigma

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Would this work as well if I put it the hard drive back into the previous comp and do this?

Working on PC Tech service i found a Compaq with Vista Preinstalled PC that shows the “Code Purple” Error.

The Solution that worked fine is the following:

1.- Do a complete recovery using recovery partition or the Recovery DVD’s/CD’s

2.- At the first restart after copy process is done, use a MiniPe CD or enter a BootCD to Load Dos or some Environment with ntfs Support, and some app to edit textfiles.

3.- Get into C:\hp\bin\CheckDMI folder

4.- Open CheckDMI.cmd File with a textfile editing app

5.- Look for this Commented Green Lineslines:

if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto mismatch
goto cleanup

This code is the end of DMI Compare routine, if DMIdata is not correct then tou get purple code error, triggering “mismatch” routine; if data is correct, then trigger “cleanup” routine that is needed to avoid purple Code error Code

REM ——————————————————————
REM Found discrepancy in the DMI. Notify the user with the localize
REM message via lg.ini, then shut down the system immediately.
REM ——————————————————————
:mismatch
echo – Mismatched DMI – >c:\hp\support\CodePurple.log
echo DMI from Master UUT: >>c:\hp\support\CodePurple.log
type DMIinfo.ini >>c:\hp\support\CodePurple.log
echo ———————————————- >>c:\hp\support\CodePurple.log
echo DMI from This UUT: >>c:\hp\support\CodePurple.log
type DMIofUUT.ini >>c:\hp\support\CodePurple.log
echo ———————————————- >>c:\hp\support\CodePurple.log
del DMIinfo.ini DMIofUUT.ini
start /w c:\hp\bin\MsgAction.exe “%title%: %message%”
shutdown.exe /s /t 0
goto end

REM —————————————————————–
REM Found all matching DMI flags. Clean up before exiting.
REM —————————————————————–
:cleanup
cd..
if exist c:\hp\support\CodePurple.log del c:\hp\support\CodePurple.log /q
if exist c:\hp\bin\CheckDMI rd c:\hp\bin\CheckDMI /s /q

6.- Solution is cheating code and invoking Cleanup even if DMI is not correct.

if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto cleanup
goto cleanup

7.- Save and reboot.

The code in CheckDMI.cmd file is commented from hp/compact, and is insteresting cause u can get new forms to avoid Purple Code using this information.

I found this on

http://www.billoblog.com/billoblog/?p=152#comments

FoxEnigma

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Since the tattoo signature is on the Partion portion of the drive while during the set up I believe it's setting up using the partition files (which is where the signature is I believe...) I took the HDD out of the gaming rig, put it back into the old computer finished the set up and then put it back into the gaming rig and it worked. Now the only problem is that I'm pretty sure if I try to reset to factory conditions again, it will give me another code purple being that the partition is most likely holding the tattoo signature from HP)

This also being a major hassle because the old computer I had I'm currently installing another HDD for my father to use in place of his older desktop, which means I would have to do the whole install windows on old comp again then put it back in the rig..

The best solution to this is actually to reinstall windows as previously stated by Hawkeye, but for those who don't have a valid copy of Windows to use, this method works fine minus the whole reset factory issue giving another code purple

Status
Not open for further replies.