Sign in with
Your question

Old tapes

Last response: in Components
November 28, 2006 5:26:45 AM

I was wonderning,i used to capture my old tapes with Sound blaster 5.1 Platinum(which i dont have anymore)i came in the front with the RCA jacks,
Now i need to start doing the samething again but i really cant get a Platinum card,if i come in the back(RCA to 1/4 inch) will my right & left channel merge or be seperate? am i explaining it right?What card would be good, and i need it to have "what you hear" option,for streaming audio!!

Thanks a lot

More about : tapes

November 28, 2006 7:10:16 AM

That is the coolest thing,where does it plug into?
If i did not want to grab streaming audio i would get that in a sec!!
November 28, 2006 7:44:20 AM

HHHmm i wonder if i sent my audio out of the "onboard audio" to the "line in" from that players "input", turned on sound forge or wavelab would it pick up the audio??

I still think an audio card with "what you hear" is needed or maybe not,wish i had thoses programs with me here so i could check if it will accept "line in" as a option to capture audio!

Thanks again man the coolest thing i seen!!!
Related resources
November 28, 2006 8:23:30 AM

thats whats up! damm your all over this place like me tonight..

Peace
November 28, 2006 8:30:27 AM

hmm i not promoting piracy or anything but what are the laws about downloading the respective Mp3 off a file sharing service considering that you already own the version on tape? m sure that this would be a grey area does anyone have an opinion on this

regarding your question simple headphones to line-in would work fine
November 28, 2006 10:00:50 AM

if that is the case then ignore my post as i would never promote piracy.
however whilst the Music industry would see it as piracy and would attempt to fine you if you were caught i think that it would be a legal grey area.

however with your original problem the advice given would work however you will notice a large drop in sound quality but you wont know how much you'll notice this until you try it
November 28, 2006 12:29:02 PM

yeah totally agree with both points

Just buy the songs converting isnt worth it
!