Canon A70 as a webcam?

Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take a
series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
does?
4 answers Last reply
More about canon webcam

    Ari Nikula wrote:
    > Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take a
    > series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
    > software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
    > does?

    Try ConquerCam. I had my Finepix M603 connected to the computer by the
    USB lead one day while I was installing a new version of ConquerCam and
    it picked it no problem which confused me for a while as my logitech was
    disconnected at the time..

    http://www.theill.com/conquercam/

    TTFN
    Jim

    "Ari Nikula" <nospam.anikula@welho.com> wrote in message news:<cd39ph$9bi$1@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi>...
    > Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take a
    > series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
    > software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
    > does?

    DVdriver was developed for this exactly:

    http://www.trackercam.com/dvdriver

    In article <fb83fbb.0407181911.32b2f97e@posting.google.com>,
    announcement@eagletron.com (Eagletron) wrote:

    > "Ari Nikula" <nospam.anikula@welho.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take
    > > series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
    > > software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
    > > does?
    >
    > DVdriver was developed for this exactly:
    >
    > http://www.trackercam.com/dvdriver

    the canon a70 is not a camcorder. it's a digital still camera. Have you
    tested your driver with this camera?

    Lothar <b@sarefun.com> wrote in message news:<b-660F86.15133019072004@news1.mts.net>...
    > In article <fb83fbb.0407181911.32b2f97e@posting.google.com>,
    > announcement@eagletron.com (Eagletron) wrote:
    >
    > > "Ari Nikula" <nospam.anikula@welho.com> wrote in message
    > > > Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take
    > > > series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
    > > > software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
    > > > does?
    > >
    > > DVdriver was developed for this exactly:
    > >
    > > http://www.trackercam.com/dvdriver
    >
    > the canon a70 is not a camcorder. it's a digital still camera. Have you
    > tested your driver with this camera?

    Sorry, you are quite right. Thought that the Canon a70 was a
    camcorder. No we have not tested DVdriver with this camera.

Webcams Canon Software Peripherals