Canon A70 as a webcam?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 14, 2004 7:43:52 PM

Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take a
series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
does?

More about : canon a70 webcam

July 15, 2004 2:17:24 AM

Ari Nikula wrote:
> Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take a
> series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
> software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
> does?

Try ConquerCam. I had my Finepix M603 connected to the computer by the
USB lead one day while I was installing a new version of ConquerCam and
it picked it no problem which confused me for a while as my logitech was
disconnected at the time..

http://www.theill.com/conquercam/

TTFN
Jim
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 12:11:17 AM

"Ari Nikula" <nospam.anikula@welho.com> wrote in message news:<cd39ph$9bi$1@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi>...
> Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take a
> series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
> software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
> does?

DVdriver was developed for this exactly:

http://www.trackercam.com/dvdriver
July 19, 2004 7:13:30 PM

In article <fb83fbb.0407181911.32b2f97e@posting.google.com>,
announcement@eagletron.com (Eagletron) wrote:

> "Ari Nikula" <nospam.anikula@welho.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take
> > series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
> > software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
> > does?
>
> DVdriver was developed for this exactly:
>
> http://www.trackercam.com/dvdriver

the canon a70 is not a camcorder. it's a digital still camera. Have you
tested your driver with this camera?
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 8:44:36 PM

Lothar <b@sarefun.com> wrote in message news:<b-660F86.15133019072004@news1.mts.net>...
> In article <fb83fbb.0407181911.32b2f97e@posting.google.com>,
> announcement@eagletron.com (Eagletron) wrote:
>
> > "Ari Nikula" <nospam.anikula@welho.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there any way to make my Canon A70 work as a webcam? I know it can take
> > > series of pictures and save them directly to the hd, but canon's own
> > > software doesn't support the webcam- function.. So is there a software that
> > > does?
> >
> > DVdriver was developed for this exactly:
> >
> > http://www.trackercam.com/dvdriver
>
> the canon a70 is not a camcorder. it's a digital still camera. Have you
> tested your driver with this camera?

Sorry, you are quite right. Thought that the Canon a70 was a
camcorder. No we have not tested DVdriver with this camera.
!