pop-ups

to my knowledge, my computer does not have a pop-up blocker or spy ware. i
need to get into a website to check my college tuition information and
everytime i try to go to the page, it says "a popup ad was blocked" and
nothing happens. i really need to get to this website so how do i prevent it
from getting blocked. please help! thanks......-m

Try holding down the control key when you click on the link. The
built in popup blocker supplied with Windows XP SP2 may be
blocking the site. You can turn it off completely by going to
Start -> Control Panel - > Internet Options and selecting the
Privacy page. Toward the bottom uncheck Block Pop up ads. You can
also turn if off for selected sites.

Nepatsfan
"freefallingangel" <freefallingangel@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
> to my knowledge, my computer does not have a pop-up blocker or
> spy ware. i
> need to get into a website to check my college tuition
> information and
> everytime i try to go to the page, it says "a popup ad was
> blocked" and
> nothing happens. i really need to get to this website so how do
> i prevent it
> from getting blocked. please help! thanks......-m

Hi,

If SP2 is installed on XP you will have Pop-up blocking.
In Internet Explorer go to Tools - Pop-up Blocker and either turn it
off or adjust it's settings.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]