Closed Solved

Wireless Radio Problem

I have a NEO Endura 531 laptop that was infected by the huelar virus. Ultimately had to format the drive, install windows 7 (it previosly had XP), antivrus sw, etc. However, I can no longer turn on the wireless radio. The FN-F2 and physical wireless switch don't help. I tried to go to Windows Mobility center but the "Turn Wireless On button" is grayed out. The wireless adapter is being recognized but when I try to connect to my network, it just tells me that the wireless radio is turned off.

Could this be a hardware issue or could the virus have deleted/modified a registry setting. I searched the registry to find anything with "radio" or wireless" but found nothing that looked helpful.

Any ideas? Thanks!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wireless radio problem
  1. Best answer
    there could be software for the special keys which you should be able to find on the manufacturer website
  2. Emerald said:
    there could be software for the special keys which you should be able to find on the manufacturer website

Yes, thanks, Emerald. Nothing obvious on their website but I sent them an email describing the problem. Hopefully they'll have a solution.
  3. Best answer selected by fpmcnel.
  4. To close the loop, I contacted the manufacturer, NEO. They advised that there are no windows 7 drivers for my PC, but that I could download the appropriate XP or Vista drivers from their site and use in compatibility mode. I downloaded their wireless radio driver for XP, which provided me with a Wireless Select Switch that allowed me to turn on (or off) the wireless radio. Problem fixed.
  5. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Radio Windows 7