Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Wireless Radio Problem

Last response: in Windows 7
June 17, 2011 6:27:29 AM

I have a NEO Endura 531 laptop that was infected by the huelar virus. Ultimately had to format the drive, install windows 7 (it previosly had XP), antivrus sw, etc. However, I can no longer turn on the wireless radio. The FN-F2 and physical wireless switch don't help. I tried to go to Windows Mobility center but the "Turn Wireless On button" is grayed out. The wireless adapter is being recognized but when I try to connect to my network, it just tells me that the wireless radio is turned off.

Could this be a hardware issue or could the virus have deleted/modified a registry setting. I searched the registry to find anything with "radio" or wireless" but found nothing that looked helpful.

Any ideas? Thanks!

More about : wireless radio problem

Best solution

a c 79 F Wireless
a b $ Windows 7
June 17, 2011 8:07:08 AM

there could be software for the special keys which you should be able to find on the manufacturer website
June 17, 2011 8:58:18 AM

Emerald said:
there could be software for the special keys which you should be able to find on the manufacturer website

Yes, thanks, Emerald. Nothing obvious on their website but I sent them an email describing the problem. Hopefully they'll have a solution.
Score
Related resources
June 27, 2011 12:20:45 AM

Best answer selected by fpmcnel.
Score
June 27, 2011 12:26:20 AM

To close the loop, I contacted the manufacturer, NEO. They advised that there are no windows 7 drivers for my PC, but that I could download the appropriate XP or Vista drivers from their site and use in compatibility mode. I downloaded their wireless radio driver for XP, which provided me with a Wireless Select Switch that allowed me to turn on (or off) the wireless radio. Problem fixed.
Score
a b F Wireless
a c 395 $ Windows 7
June 27, 2011 12:52:25 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!