Lian LI V1000 Case

dufus

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Long time lurker, first time poster. Looking for opinions regarding the Lian Li V1000 case. I would like to hear from anyone but especially those of you who have one. Getting ready to build and want to be sure...

G

Only question I have is how the airflow going to be affected by big after market cooler. If you plan to stick with the reference cooler or something similar in size, they look awesome and the airflow seem to make sens.

I checked this case and it seems to be ok even with massive heatsink, my question still stands for the plus and plussII of the Vcool series.

Back to the subject, great case, superb workmanship... you shouldn't be disappointed!

dufus

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Sound is an issue to consider as well, not that it has to be perfectly silent, but I don't need the jet engine sound either. With the perforated front/top of this case, is noise an issue? Anyone...? Bueller...?

G

I heard that it wasn't perfect for sound because of the perforated front. If you put silent fans and no Raptor in there it should be OK, depending on how sensitive your ear is.

I suggest you get after market fan like the Artic freezer 7 Pro, some silent fan, panaflow, vantec stealth fan comes to mind. And you should be fine if you dont have a super noisy video card.

If you want a good case, clean look, quiet look no further then the P180, it was at 70$ on fry to!

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
The Lian Li V1000 case is really nice, it really is top quality. The only bad thing about it is that the mobo is inverted so if you use an asus mobo with heatpipe the mobo chipset will run on the hot side. I,ve spend alot of money to get my system silent and finaly it is. I got a Corsair psu this baby is really really silent, alot better then the 510w Deluxe PC power & cooling i used before. and I use zalman coolers on my cpu and video card and this setup works great and is really silent.