Hi all,

The problem I am having is between an XP box and Win2k box and not being
able to share a dialup connection. Each computer has ample memory, decent
processors and all critical updates have been completed on each, etc, etc.
All firewall(s) have been disabled.

On the LAN side of the equation the 2 computers are connected together via
netgear hub using cat5 cable. I have statically assigned IP addresses to
each of the network adapter and as a result I am able to share files
successfully between them. The Internet side of the equation is where I am
having issues. The XP box is set to host and the Win2k box is the client.
The XP box will connect to the Internet, but I cant get the Win2k box to
share the connection. I have followed many online tutorials to properly
setup all settings on each machine to no avail.

Any tips, tricks or links to sites with advanced troubleshooting would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

k-

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 14:16:00 GMT, Karl Kidder wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The problem I am having is between an XP box and Win2k box and not being
> able to share a dialup connection. Each computer has ample memory, decent
> processors and all critical updates have been completed on each, etc, etc.
> All firewall(s) have been disabled.
>
> On the LAN side of the equation the 2 computers are connected together via
> netgear hub using cat5 cable. I have statically assigned IP addresses to
> each of the network adapter and as a result I am able to share files
> successfully between them. The Internet side of the equation is where I am
> having issues. The XP box is set to host and the Win2k box is the client.
> The XP box will connect to the Internet, but I cant get the Win2k box to
> share the connection. I have followed many online tutorials to properly
> setup all settings on each machine to no avail.
>
> Any tips, tricks or links to sites with advanced troubleshooting would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> k-

Open XP's Help and Support. Type "ICS" into the search box. In search
results under "Suggested Topics: Overviews, Articles and Tutorials" click
on "Internet Connection Sharing Settings." Make special note of the IP and
subnet mentioned. Changing numbers for home networking isn't a problem but
I believe the ones listed for ICS are hardcoded and must be used for
internet connection sharing to be successful.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User