G

List all your specs, you got a 680i board?

If the processor is idle, It may go down in speed to take less current. On the other hand it might also be throttling itself because it is too hot.
Funny how nTune and CPU-Z are not saying the same stuff. Somebody with more knowledge about it should help you.

A lot of people have concern for their temps, 98% of the time it was a bad heat sink installation.

Is the heatsink giggly or something? You should try pushing the 4 black knobs a bit more to make sure the clicked all the way through.

The best practice is to have the motherboard outside of the case so you can look at the backside of the motherboard see if they clicked properly.

tonetone

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
yeah we took the most time installing the heatsink... I felt as I was going to break the mobo in half while installing the heatsink.. are those temps ok or are they too hot?

E6600 Conroe
EvGA 680i SLI
EvGA Geforce 7950GT KO
Western Digital 250gb 7200RPM
LiteOn DvD/R 16x
Corsair xms2 2Gig 6400 DDR2 800
Hanns-G LCD 19" 8ms
Hiper PSU TypeR 580W
Apevia X-Cruiser

G

Under 60c, full load ( 2 instance of Prime95/SPi) is ok yet it should be better,
if it 59c, half load, then it is too hot.

I am almost certain your heatsink didn't clip properly, outside of the case, with the static bag between your left hand and the back of the mobo, right under the cpu socket, while pushing the pins with the right one is my favorite technique!