Email hyperlinks don't work

Hi,
Any ideas why email hyperlinks don't work in Outlook Express since I got XP
Home?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about email hyperlinks work

    "LScal" <lscal@nothanks.mail> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Any ideas why email hyperlinks don't work in Outlook Express since I
    > got XP Home?
    >
    > Thanks

    Describe "don't work".

    From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    Open Windows Explorer.
    Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
    Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol and select it.
    Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
    Select 'open'.
    Click Edit.

    "Application used to perform this action" should read:

    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
    (Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the
    double quotes.)

    DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

    #1:
    "%1",,-1,0,,,,
    IExplore
    #3 (blank)

    WWW_OpenURL

    URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

    Sometimes it is necessary to uncheck Use DDE.

    If that doesn't fix it, go to Start | Run and type

    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Hi

    Try this:

    From Start>Run type

    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
    click on 'Reset Web Settings'.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    Thanks for the help. The instructions at fjsmjs.com seemed to do the trick.

    > Thanks for the help. The instructions at fjsmjs.com seemed to do the
    > trick.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Yeah - a long way round and messy!!

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "LScal" <lscal@nothanks.mail> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the help. The instructions at fjsmjs.com seemed to do the
    > trick.
    >

    > "LScal" <lscal@nothanks.mail> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> Any ideas why email hyperlinks don't work in Outlook Express since I got
    > XP
    >> Home?
    >>
    >> Thanks

Outlook Express Email Microsoft Windows XP