Email hyperlinks don't work

Hi,
Any ideas why email hyperlinks don't work in Outlook Express since I got XP
Home?

Thanks

"LScal" <lscal@nothanks.mail> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Any ideas why email hyperlinks don't work in Outlook Express since I
> got XP Home?
>
> Thanks

Describe "don't work".

From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

Open Windows Explorer.
Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol and select it.
Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Select 'open'.
Click Edit.

"Application used to perform this action" should read:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
(Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the
double quotes.)

DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

#1:
"%1",,-1,0,,,,
IExplore
#3 (blank)

WWW_OpenURL

URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

Sometimes it is necessary to uncheck Use DDE.

If that doesn't fix it, go to Start | Run and type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Hi

Try this:

From Start>Run type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
click on 'Reset Web Settings'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Thanks for the help. The instructions at fjsmjs.com seemed to do the trick.

"LScal" <lscal@nothanks.mail> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Any ideas why email hyperlinks don't work in Outlook Express since I got
XP
> Home?
>
> Thanks

Yeah - a long way round and messy!!