Motion detection software

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

I'm looking for some recommendations for motion detection / security
software to use with my Logitech camera. My primary requirements are to
record any movement once the camera has been triggered. Ideally the video
clips should use a high compression format to keep file sizes to a minimum.

I used to use ImageStudio although the detection software does not appear to
come with my new camera.

Thanks
- L

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

"Louise" <unknown@mail.com> wrote in message news:<2m9ubvFl09kdU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> I'm looking for some recommendations for motion detection / security
> software to use with my Logitech camera. My primary requirements are to
> record any movement once the camera has been triggered. Ideally the video
> clips should use a high compression format to keep file sizes to a minimum.
>
> I used to use ImageStudio although the detection software does not appear to
> come with my new camera.
>
> Thanks
> - L

HI, I'm using software from www.uviewit.com, it lets me choose the
compression I want and the motion det. is great.
Jon

"Louise" <unknown@mail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for some recommendations for motion detection / security
> software to use with my Logitech camera. My primary requirements are to
> record any movement once the camera has been triggered. Ideally the video
> clips should use a high compression format to keep file sizes to a minimum.
>
> I used to use ImageStudio although the detection software does not appear to
> come with my new camera.

You might take a look at HomeSentinel. You can download
it from http://bobday.vze.com. The Basic version is free, and
there is no time limit restriction. I am planning to add FTP
uploading to the Standard version in the next few weeks, and
recording to a file on disk in a compressed format would be
easy enough. I'm not sure there'd be much demand for that
though, but I might add it anyway just because it's easy to.

-- Bob Day

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

| You might take a look at HomeSentinel. You can download
| it from http://bobday.vze.com.

The link you provided does not appear to be working. I receive the following
message -

Locked
The requested resource is currently locked. The lock must be released or
proper identification given before the method can be applied.

> | You might take a look at HomeSentinel. You can download
> | it from http://bobday.vze.com.
>
> The link you provided does not appear to be working. I receive the following
> message -
>
> Locked
> The requested resource is currently locked. The lock must be released or
> proper identification given before the method can be applied.

It seems to be working now. I just tried it. I use a URL
translation service (ShortURL.com) , and they sometimes do
go down, usually for just short periods of time.

-- Bob Day

In article <PhRLc.4$gM6.1@trndny01>, Bob Day says...

>"Louise" <unknown@mail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm looking for some recommendations for motion detection / security
>> software to use with my Logitech camera. My primary requirements are to
>> record any movement once the camera has been triggered. Ideally the video
>> clips should use a high compression format to keep file sizes to a minimum.

Pretty sure TrapSnap does this - http://www.notepage.net/netic/trapsnap.htm
movement is captured and alerts can be sent.

You could try TrackerCam (single camera) or CamPanel (multicamera).
Both of these also support the TrackerPod which can be integrated into
the motion detection to follow an intruder after motion is detected.

http://www.trackercam.com