Annoying transfering problem with webcam/software

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 23, 2004 9:49:11 PM

Hi there...

I've finally got my PS2 Eye Toy camera to function as a webcam. It works
fine, if you got the right driver.
But there's an annoying problem, when i've have taken a series of snapshots
and want to transfer them to an apllication, such as "Imaging":
I can only transfer one snapshot at a time, and when i've done that, the
webcam software shuts down and goes to "imaging" and displays my single
snapshot. all the others are gone for good, it seems!

Is there any way around this, should i maybe use another application for
snapshots?

Jacob
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 9:49:12 PM

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:49:11 +0200, "Jacob E."
<sp@mmergotohell.invalid> wrote:

>Hi there...
>
>I've finally got my PS2 Eye Toy camera to function as a webcam. It works
>fine, if you got the right driver.
>But there's an annoying problem, when i've have taken a series of snapshots
>and want to transfer them to an apllication, such as "Imaging":
>I can only transfer one snapshot at a time, and when i've done that, the
>webcam software shuts down and goes to "imaging" and displays my single
>snapshot. all the others are gone for good, it seems!
>
>Is there any way around this, should i maybe use another application for
>snapshots?
>
>Jacob

I've got what is probably a similar cheap little cam. I've found
that using the free IrfanView imaging program I can off load all
the pix on the cam. In this setup, I select the cam as the twain
source, then use the batch scanning option. This off loads the
images from the cam and saves them with a sequential name for
further processing.
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 1:49:27 AM

Si Ballenger wrote:

> I've got what is probably a similar cheap little cam. I've found
> that using the free IrfanView imaging program I can off load all
> the pix on the cam. In this setup, I select the cam as the twain
> source, then use the batch scanning option. This off loads the
> images from the cam and saves them with a sequential name for
> further processing.

Ok, sounds great, and actually i think i have that program on a magazine
distributed cd-rom somewhere. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Jacob
!