Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help Friend is thinking Treo, how do I get him to go PPC? ..

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 1:42:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I have a Friend that is deciding between a Treo (Palm) and Siemens
SX66(Windows Mobile Phone)

How do I convince him to go PPC??

Thanks!
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 7:19:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:42:57 -0800, Scott Townsend
<scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote:

> I have a Friend that is deciding between a Treo (Palm) and Siemens
> SX66(Windows Mobile Phone)
>
> How do I convince him to go PPC??
>

bill gates was just knighted by queen elizabeth. how many of the palm
leadership can claim that?


--
Headed for the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

Eric Schultz
(aka Storkman)

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/storky1
Homepage: http://www.cameron-schultz.ca

Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
March 3, 2005 8:37:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:19:18 -0500, Eric Schultz wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:42:57 -0800, Scott Townsend
> <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a Friend that is deciding between a Treo (Palm) and Siemens
>> SX66(Windows Mobile Phone)
>>
>> How do I convince him to go PPC??

Smack him behind his head as you show him the pictures and videos you
transferred from your digital camera or maybe give him a tour at
pdaphonehome.com for a comparison of devices.......HTH

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:37:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Tell him the advantages of the SX56 and let him make up his mind for
himself.
Unless, of course, you know what he thinks and know what he wants to do with
the unit, and you want to be a dictator, and you want everything to be your
way which would make every one of us unnecessary on this planet besides you.
Be understanding. Be patient. Listen to your friend and find out what He
wants, then support him when he make HIS decision.

Doug

=============================
"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message
news:g4fwgpnn26fn$.hkhmto1bxyfh.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:19:18 -0500, Eric Schultz wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:42:57 -0800, Scott Townsend
>> <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a Friend that is deciding between a Treo (Palm) and Siemens
>>> SX66(Windows Mobile Phone)
>>>
>>> How do I convince him to go PPC??
>
> Smack him behind his head as you show him the pictures and videos you
> transferred from your digital camera or maybe give him a tour at
> pdaphonehome.com for a comparison of devices.......HTH
>
> --
> "..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
> be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 3:05:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"MasterTuner.com" <lists@dougfreeze.com> wrote in message
news:uwUPsSFIFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Tell him the advantages of the SX56 and let him make up his mind for
> himself.
> Unless, of course, you know what he thinks and know what he wants to do
> with the unit, and you want to be a dictator, and you want everything to
> be your way which would make every one of us unnecessary on this planet
> besides you.
> Be understanding. Be patient. Listen to your friend and find out what He
> wants, then support him when he make HIS decision.
>

Cool

Allow me to expand on this to the OP. He is your friend, a supposedly
living breathing individual. This gives the following scenarios (editied
down for concise meanings, Politically Correct aspirations ignored for sake
of brevity):

1. Your friend is a moron. This would suggest that you are either a moron or
like morons. Morons should not give morons advice, let him make his own
decision after some basic moronic information exchange and support your
friend.

2. Your friend is a pretty sharp guy. Let the pretty sharp guy make up his
own mind after giving him some pretty sharp advice and support your friend.

3. Your friend is a basket case and needs help. In this case forgo the
Pocket PC/Treo and get him a pocket etch-a-sketch. It nevers needs
charging, easily reboots by shaking, and always has an up to date operating
system despite Etch OS version 1.02 having tiny bells that rattle when you
reset the device (shake it).

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 9:16:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
news:%235adSDCIFHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| I have a Friend that is deciding between a Treo (Palm) and Siemens
| SX66(Windows Mobile Phone)
|
| How do I convince him to go PPC??
|
| Thanks!
|
|

respect his decision of what is best for him.

Unless you have a really good reason for him not to buy what he wants
to buy with his own money?
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 3:11:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

So I guess he started out as a Basket Case as He's used Etch OS version
0.64b. After upgrading to 1.02, the bells were there but no whistles. He
quickly got board and had to move on to Palm V . Being the moronic friend I
am I embraced his decision for the Palm V and also purchased one. It was
good times. We were beaming with Joy... Palmasutra was the envy of the
town.... He since then passed on the V, moved to the Vx and then the Sony
Clie...

Then as the hip guy that I am and as a MS Developer I received a Free
ViewsonicV37 and saw the world in true colors... I was natively syncing
items as they became available. I was always active and in sync with the
latest info at home or the office. Having native Office in my pocket I was
sure styling.

As my friend had security issues he became hot while syncing. After months
we tinkered with the exchange security and was able to help though with
dwindling battery and a need for a better way to keep in contact with info,
family and friends, he became obsessed with the vaporware Visions of an
MPx300... Not willing to move to a foreign country he will never know what
it will be like to know the likes of an MPx300..

As a result, he's been tied between the Treo650 and the Siemens SX66. As
each have pluses and minuses about them he is still at a loss for a final
decision. So being a Sharp guy that I am I made a Suggestion... He could
test-drive the SX66 and when he doesn't like it, he could just give it to me
and get his treo. That way He gets his Palm and I'll get my PPC?

How does that sound?
Scott<-


"xTenn" <xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> wrote in message
news:o 88IsxNIFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
> "MasterTuner.com" <lists@dougfreeze.com> wrote in message
> news:uwUPsSFIFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Tell him the advantages of the SX56 and let him make up his mind for
>> himself.
>> Unless, of course, you know what he thinks and know what he wants to do
>> with the unit, and you want to be a dictator, and you want everything to
>> be your way which would make every one of us unnecessary on this planet
>> besides you.
>> Be understanding. Be patient. Listen to your friend and find out what He
>> wants, then support him when he make HIS decision.
>>
>
> Cool
>
> Allow me to expand on this to the OP. He is your friend, a supposedly
> living breathing individual. This gives the following scenarios (editied
> down for concise meanings, Politically Correct aspirations ignored for
> sake of brevity):
>
> 1. Your friend is a moron. This would suggest that you are either a moron
> or like morons. Morons should not give morons advice, let him make his
> own decision after some basic moronic information exchange and support
> your friend.
>
> 2. Your friend is a pretty sharp guy. Let the pretty sharp guy make up
> his own mind after giving him some pretty sharp advice and support your
> friend.
>
> 3. Your friend is a basket case and needs help. In this case forgo the
> Pocket PC/Treo and get him a pocket etch-a-sketch. It nevers needs
> charging, easily reboots by shaking, and always has an up to date
> operating system despite Etch OS version 1.02 having tiny bells that
> rattle when you reset the device (shake it).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 5:19:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
news:ex0UB%23bIFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> <snip for brevity only>
>
> As a result, he's been tied between the Treo650 and the Siemens SX66. As
> each have pluses and minuses about them he is still at a loss for a final
> decision. So being a Sharp guy that I am I made a Suggestion... He could
> test-drive the SX66 and when he doesn't like it, he could just give it to
> me and get his treo. That way He gets his Palm and I'll get my PPC?
>
> How does that sound?
> Scott<-


Actually I found that brilliantly entertaining. The edge was there, and the
references contained were beautifully subtle. A worthy contribution to the
ethereal world of Usenet!
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:16:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

My plan was foiled. He did more research and decided that the SX66 is better
then the Treo650... He Ordered it today!

Looks like I wont get one of my own, though He did wise up and go Windows
Mobile!

Thank you for all your support...

Scott-0
"xTenn" <xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> wrote in message
news:u$RiIq0IFHA.1360@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
> news:ex0UB%23bIFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> <snip for brevity only>
>>
>> As a result, he's been tied between the Treo650 and the Siemens SX66. As
>> each have pluses and minuses about them he is still at a loss for a final
>> decision. So being a Sharp guy that I am I made a Suggestion... He
>> could test-drive the SX66 and when he doesn't like it, he could just give
>> it to me and get his treo. That way He gets his Palm and I'll get my
>> PPC?
>>
>> How does that sound?
>> Scott<-
>
>
> Actually I found that brilliantly entertaining. The edge was there, and
> the references contained were beautifully subtle. A worthy contribution to
> the ethereal world of Usenet!
>
>
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 3:07:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
news:%23NWZH45IFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> My plan was foiled. He did more research and decided that the SX66 is
> better then the Treo650... He Ordered it today!
>
> Looks like I wont get one of my own, though He did wise up and go Windows
> Mobile!
>
> Thank you for all your support...
>


Maybe you can convince him in a couple months that he needs the shiny new
SX67 Mach II, and give you the (then) older SX66 in exchange for helping set
up the new one... Ah, the advantages of friendship. ;) 
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 3:07:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hmmm... Like the Angle...

Maybe the RazorBerry will be out by then?


"xTenn" <xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> wrote in message
news:%23UORpFAJFHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>
> "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
> news:%23NWZH45IFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> My plan was foiled. He did more research and decided that the SX66 is
>> better then the Treo650... He Ordered it today!
>>
>> Looks like I wont get one of my own, though He did wise up and go Windows
>> Mobile!
>>
>> Thank you for all your support...
>>
>
>
> Maybe you can convince him in a couple months that he needs the shiny new
> SX67 Mach II, and give you the (then) older SX66 in exchange for helping
> set up the new one... Ah, the advantages of friendship. ;) 
>
>
>
>
!