Sign in with
Your question

Turion X2 vs. Core 2 Duo Mobile

Last response: in CPUs
November 29, 2006 7:05:58 AM

Does any one have information regarding the performance of a Turion X2 processor compared to a Core 2 Duo mobile processor?

More about : turion core duo mobile

November 29, 2006 7:40:47 AM

Basically the same as an Athlon 64 X2 vs Core 2 Duo.

Check for:
- Cache size differences
- Clock speed differences
- Dual-Channel RAM speed differences
- Power consumption
- Video card + Price diffs (The Turion 64 X2 low end 3D video beats Core 2 Duo low end 3D video as they have faster memory access + higher memory throughput).
- Add a 7600 GS/GT to both systems though, and the Core 2 Duo will win in games.

www.amd.com
www.amdcompare.com
www.intel.com
November 29, 2006 8:22:54 AM

I guess you could call me an AMD fan-boy so I don't like to admit it. but when it comes to mobile cpu intel is by far the best in peformance and power usage.
Related resources
November 29, 2006 8:54:22 AM

Actually at last check the Turions were slightly better if you're looking for battery life. But only slightly. For...ANYTHING else, C2Dm is better, and that's the sad truth. It's not even a contest, is why it's sad.
November 29, 2006 1:31:25 PM

Quote:
Does any one have information regarding the performance of a Turion X2 processor compared to a Core 2 Duo mobile processor?

The only field AMD can compete is price and I'm not sure they can do this either.
November 29, 2006 3:46:32 PM

Yup..... as it has been since the dawn of time Intel rules the mobile segment :lol: 
November 29, 2006 6:22:01 PM

Ninja, thanks for putting in the work to show the difference between the two processors. I never knew there was such a gap in the performance of the two.
!