Win2k crash!

G

I'm running win2k on an computer with Aopen AP5T mainboard, AMD K6-2 @ 375 Mhz (83mhz bus, slightly overclocked,350 Mhz rated) and Matrox millenium 2 graphics. I also have a creaative voodoo2, but haven't gotten that to work at all... sometimes, way to often, the entire system crashes and I get an irreparable blue screen. It happens almost every time I try to install new software without closing down all other programs, and sometimes randomly, it seems.
As you probably understand, the system isn't exactly default, the CPU is supposed to run at 100mhz, and the voltage is probably not the correct. But the system has been running reliably in Win95 osr2 for one year plus with the current config. When the blue screen appears is always display
'Page fault in nonpaged area' and a whole set of numbers. Sometimes it refers to an address in mga64d.dll, sometimes no reference at all.
Anybody got a clue? I'd be very thankful!
/Pete

G

Go back to the default settings and see if the problem goes away. W2K is much more picky than Win9x when it comes to overclocked memory. The error message indicates that the memory is faulty.

G

mga64d.dll is part of your Matrox driver I believe. If you haven't already, peruse the web for new video drivers. Video drivers are the number one cause of crashes in Win2000 (or so I've heard)

DSutcliffe

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My buddy had this exact same issue when he installed the software for his Cd burner. BSOD referencing mga64d.dll. I think he fixed it by switching out the video card completely as new drivers didn't do crap for the system.

TRENDING THREADS