PLEASE HELP MY 32" LCD SCREEN HAS A SCRATCH !

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2005
Hi,

my kid (got to love em...) scratched my lcd screen any way to fix it?

Home repair, something..........

Someone PLEASE HELP ME!

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
There's a "liquid coating" for it that you apply to the scratch to fill it up as it dries. It's kind of like the scratch doctor for scratch paints on cars. Works wonders. Though I don't remember the brand or the manufacture who makes it. You cannot sand it, I don't think so.

Hollanddirk1

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
Don't laugh, but a small dab of Vaseline brand petroleum jelly rubbed across the scratch might just do it...

...it actually depends on how deep the scratch actually is.

Something about the optical qualities of the stuff is comparable to the LCD screen covering making it a good repair technique.

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2005
Thanks guys,

keep the advice coming, I live in South Africa so I dont know if I will be able to get the repair kits.....

catmaltj

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
I used LCD Magic for my iPod and it worked to fill in light scratches. I had to run through the repair process a few times as you can only use one of the repair solutions (the other one is abrasive). Apparently there is a coating on the screen, which makes the process take much longer. I contacted the company and they were quite helpful. Their new Scratch Pro kit looks much more professional. I would call or email the company and see what they can do to help or point you in the right direction.