7600GS AGP Temp Question

DukeDave

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I have just put a Gigabyte version of this card in my Son's machine, it has thier silent pipe cooler fitted (GV-N76G256D-RH).

It all seems to run quite well and is a major step forward from the Radeon 9800 he had previously but upon first boot I have noticed that the temp reported in the Nvidia control panel seems to be quite high, as soon a I can get to it from bootup it reports the temp as 68 degrees C, after playing on it for 30 mins or so it reports approx 73 degrees C.

This seems a bit high to me, the 7600GT's I have in my machine only ever reach 52 degrees C, admittedly my case and fan setup is better but at idle I would have expected the GS to be lower than 68C.

Has anyone had any previous experience with similar temps or with this card, I would be interested to hear from you before I bother contacting Gigabyte.

The system is AMD Sempron 2800+ (socket A), GA-7N400, 1Gb DDR400 (dual Channel).

Thanks in advance.

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
The idle temp does seem a little high.

But the gaming temp seems good. As long as the temp is good when the card is under load, then there's nothing to worry about.

Have you tried adjusting the fan speeds?

DukeDave

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Thanks for reply, I thought the same but I wanted to overclock it a little bit so I was hoping for some lower temps.

It is Gigabyte Silent Pipe design, fanless.