Where are the bad axe's?!

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Im looking for the Intel D975XBX mobo, but i cant find them on any reputable sites. There on tigerdirect, but i would rather shoot myself in the head then order from them. There all over froogle too, but the sites that have 'em seem kind-of sketchy. have any ideas guys?

thanks in advanced.

GunnySpook

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I got mine (D975XBX2) from the Tiger - shipped same day (about 2 weeks ago).

I was VERY offended (goes deeper than that, but I'm being civil) by the $80 bump Newegg had over the Tiger's price.

$330 at the egg vs. $250 at the Tiger - nobrainer, since it's all going to be Intel support anyway.

The Gunny

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
are those the same boards? there model numbers are different and the one on zipzoomfly doesnt list the C2D as a supported processor.

G

No doubt they do, weird it's not stated.

Bad Axe 2

weird...

You can compare the SKu with newegg
Newegg

Might as well email ZipZoom see what's up with that but this board is designed for Core 2 Quad so no doubt it supports C2d.

BLK vs Box is like Retail vs OEM. Don't know what comes with the BLK though

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
sweet, i didnt know that they where on newegg. i guess ill have to do a little more research regarding model numbers next time too, thanks guys.

bberson

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Im looking for the Intel D975XBX mobo, but i cant find them on any reputable sites. There on tigerdirect, but i would rather shoot myself in the head then order from them. There all over froogle too, but the sites that have 'em seem kind-of sketchy. have any ideas guys?
The XBX is easy enough to find at reputable retailers using Shopper.com or Pricegrabber.com. I personally don't see the big deal about TigerDirect, it's like shopping at National Wholesale Liquidators. As long as you understand that I don't see the issue. And quite frankly the XBX IS a closeout item now. And the XBX is a thirfty $208 there including shipping.

I suggest however, that you aim for the XBX2 since it's a much improved board and the price difference will be small. Amazon has it for $250, shipped. At the moment it looks like your hatred for TigerDirect will have you paying more for an obsolete board if you really want the XBX.

-Brad