Logitech Sphere - not fully panning

Hi all,

Just took delivery of a Logitech Sphere (Orbit) Webcam.

When panning and scanning with the manual controls, it doesn't rotate
through 180 degrees (more like 20). However, when I press the "demo" button,
it rotates the full 180 left to right...

It seems to work fine with face tracking turned on, so why can't I manually
get it to (fully) scan left/right?

Also, what software is recommended to use for:
-motion detection
-time delay photos and upload to ftp

Many thanks in advance,

Rgds/
Al

Did you twist it when you put it together? That might be why! Logitech has
great warranty policies so you might call them!

"Badlander" <Shifty_clown@yahooo.com> wrote in message
> Did you twist it when you put it together? That might be why! Logitech has
> great warranty policies so you might call them!

Hi,

I didn't twist or damage the mechanical parts when using it (I read the
manual carefully).

I've exchanged the "faulty" item for another new replacement from the shop I
bought it from.

The new one is showing exactly the same problem!

Could it be either a second faulty unit or possibly a problem with my
hardware?
I'm running a P4 2.8, 512Mb Ram, 6 USB 2.0 connections (please let me know
if more info is needed). The other USB items are a Microsoft wireless
intellimouse, my P900 phone charger/cradle, Sony digital camera cradle and a
USB Bluetooth adapter.

Rgds/
Al

have one here that looses full panabilities over time,,, at first it will
pan fully and work as advertised.
until a day or three later when it pans roughly just the left range half
never actually coming back to center so shorter and shorter pans until a
reboot . Just a guess.. Imagine usb software / windows snafu.

guess you tried the latest and greatest software package install,,, keep
meaning to here but haven't yet on that orbit comp.