I have been looking for hours on how to turn on the volume display bars that
move across the screen when you adjust the volume. I am not sure how they
even got turned off. Thanks in advance for any help.

Derick

To display the volume icon in the task bar you should click Start>Control
Panel>Sounds,Speech, and Audio Devices. Then under the heading Pick A Task,
click Adjust System Volume. When the dialog box opens make sure you put a
check mark in the box that says "Place volume icon in the taskbar", then
click Apply>Ok, then click the "X" in the upper right hand of the dialog box
that remains open. Once the speaker icon is in your taskbar you can
right-click and choose open volume control to adjust the bass, treble, etc.

HTH,
James

"The Cummins Crew" <cummins@hcis.net> wrote in message
>I have been looking for hours on how to turn on the volume display bars
>that move across the screen when you adjust the volume. I am not sure how
>they even got turned off. Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Derick

that function is NOT a part of windows.
Its probably a software that came with your sound card or keyboard.

"The Cummins Crew" <cummins@hcis.net> wrote in message
>I have been looking for hours on how to turn on the volume display bars
>that move across the screen when you adjust the volume. I am not sure how
>they even got turned off. Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Derick

This is to do with your keyboard - is your keyboard software installed?
If it is, have a look at the instructions for your keyboard.