D-Link DCS 5300W wireless network webcam

I'm thinking of getting a D-Link DCS 5300W wireless network webcam and would like to see some live examples to assess the quality of the image. I can't get through to the one on the D-Link site. Can anyone recommend any other sites that use this D-Link DCS 5300W?

Thanks

..
4 answers Last reply
More about link 5300w wireless network webcam

    Hey
    I have been looking for some time now to see an example of what the picture
    looks like, but I have not been lucky to find one.

    Mvh
    Hans

    "Malone" <xxmaloneyy@zzwavezz.co.nz> skrev i en meddelelse
    I'm thinking of getting a D-Link DCS 5300W wireless network webcam and would
    like to see some live examples to assess the quality of the image. I can't
    get through to the one on the D-Link site. Can anyone recommend any other
    sites that use this D-Link DCS 5300W?

    Thanks

    ..

    "Malone" inquired;
    Can anyone recommend any other sites that use this D-Link DCS 5300W?

    Might ask the same question on Dlink Forum at DSLreports
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/dlink

    ..

    A collegue has one of these and it works quite well, depending on the
    software that you get version 1.01 original I think or 1.02 the are
    are advantages and dis advantages on both. If you upgrade from the
    original there is no way to go back to ir.

    original allows a guest user to move the camera but on later version
    only the admin user can.

    original version had no digital zoom, new version has - but is not
    brilliant. see on site below

    wireless seems to work OK (it has lan connector as well - you need to
    use this to set up the camera and for updates)

    odd problems with wireless disconnection but not sure if that was the
    wireless modem - updated the camera to later firmware and it has
    settled down.

    the guy who has the camera below has changed the insides to a better
    camera, but comparing that to my colleques original I cannot see vast
    improvement.

    camera is in the UK so remember any time differences for daylight
    pictures.

    a note from his site especially the last paragraph

    You can click on the video image streamed from the Webcam. This will
    cause the camera to rotate and tilt in the direction you have clicked.
    It is proportional, so the further away from the centre you click, the
    further the camera will move.

    Other users may also be controlling the camera, so don't be suprised
    if it moves on it's own.

    http://www.thebiginter.net/webcam/webcam.htm

    bob

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:09:19 +0200, "Hans" <boschjac@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Hey
    >I have been looking for some time now to see an example of what the picture
    >looks like, but I have not been lucky to find one.
    >
    >Mvh
    >Hans
    >

    >"Malone" <xxmaloneyy@zzwavezz.co.nz> skrev i en meddelelse
    >I'm thinking of getting a D-Link DCS 5300W wireless network webcam and would
    >like to see some live examples to assess the quality of the image. I can't
    >get through to the one on the D-Link site. Can anyone recommend any other
    >sites that use this D-Link DCS 5300W?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >.

    Thanks Bob - just what I wanted to see. It is expensive, but I have decided to take the plunge..........

    "BL" <bl@xxxxx.yyyy.zzzz.> wrote in message news:ck9dg0hu2s7gtoqvbnqn322a1uv9nohs3d@4ax.com...

    > A collegue has one of these and it works quite well, depending on the
    > software that you get version 1.01 original I think or 1.02 the are
    > are advantages and dis advantages on both. If you upgrade from the
    > original there is no way to go back to ir.
    >
    > original allows a guest user to move the camera but on later version
    > only the admin user can.
    >
    > original version had no digital zoom, new version has - but is not
    > brilliant. see on site below
    >
    > wireless seems to work OK (it has lan connector as well - you need to
    > use this to set up the camera and for updates)
    >
    > odd problems with wireless disconnection but not sure if that was the
    > wireless modem - updated the camera to later firmware and it has
    > settled down.
    >
    > the guy who has the camera below has changed the insides to a better
    > camera, but comparing that to my colleques original I cannot see vast
    > improvement.
    >
    > camera is in the UK so remember any time differences for daylight
    > pictures.
    >

    > a note from his site especially the last paragraph
    >
    > You can click on the video image streamed from the Webcam. This will
    > cause the camera to rotate and tilt in the direction you have clicked.
    > It is proportional, so the further away from the centre you click, the
    > further the camera will move.
    >
    > Other users may also be controlling the camera, so don't be suprised
    > if it moves on it's own.
    >

    > http://www.thebiginter.net/webcam/webcam.htm
    >

    > bob
    >

    > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:09:19 +0200, "Hans" <boschjac@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hey
    > >I have been looking for some time now to see an example of what the picture
    > >looks like, but I have not been lucky to find one.
    > >
    > >Mvh
    > >Hans
    > >

    > >"Malone" <xxmaloneyy@zzwavezz.co.nz> skrev i en meddelelse
    > >I'm thinking of getting a D-Link DCS 5300W wireless network webcam and would
    > >like to see some live examples to assess the quality of the image. I can't
    > >get through to the one on the D-Link site. Can anyone recommend any other
    > >sites that use this D-Link DCS 5300W?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >.

Webcams D-Link Wireless Network Peripherals