D-Link DCS 5300W wireless network webcam

Tags:
  • Webcams
  • D-Link
  • Wireless Network
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 26, 2004 5:11:47 PM

I'm thinking of getting a D-Link DCS 5300W wireless network webcam and would like to see some live examples to assess the quality of the image. I can't get through to the one on the D-Link site. Can anyone recommend any other sites that use this D-Link DCS 5300W?

Thanks

..

More about : link dcs 5300w wireless network webcam

July 27, 2004 12:09:19 PM

Hey
I have been looking for some time now to see an example of what the picture
looks like, but I have not been lucky to find one.

Mvh
Hans

"Malone" <xxmaloneyy@zzwavezz.co.nz> skrev i en meddelelse
I'm thinking of getting a D-Link DCS 5300W wireless network webcam and would
like to see some live examples to assess the quality of the image. I can't
get through to the one on the D-Link site. Can anyone recommend any other
sites that use this D-Link DCS 5300W?

Thanks

..
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 5:53:32 PM

"Malone" inquired;
Can anyone recommend any other sites that use this D-Link DCS 5300W?

Might ask the same question on Dlink Forum at DSLreports
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/dlink

..
Related resources
July 28, 2004 12:01:43 AM

A collegue has one of these and it works quite well, depending on the
software that you get version 1.01 original I think or 1.02 the are
are advantages and dis advantages on both. If you upgrade from the
original there is no way to go back to ir.

original allows a guest user to move the camera but on later version
only the admin user can.

original version had no digital zoom, new version has - but is not
brilliant. see on site below

wireless seems to work OK (it has lan connector as well - you need to
use this to set up the camera and for updates)

odd problems with wireless disconnection but not sure if that was the
wireless modem - updated the camera to later firmware and it has
settled down.

the guy who has the camera below has changed the insides to a better
camera, but comparing that to my colleques original I cannot see vast
improvement.

camera is in the UK so remember any time differences for daylight
pictures.

a note from his site especially the last paragraph

You can click on the video image streamed from the Webcam. This will
cause the camera to rotate and tilt in the direction you have clicked.
It is proportional, so the further away from the centre you click, the
further the camera will move.

Other users may also be controlling the camera, so don't be suprised
if it moves on it's own.

http://www.thebiginter.net/webcam/webcam.htm

bob

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:09:19 +0200, "Hans" <boschjac@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hey
>I have been looking for some time now to see an example of what the picture
>looks like, but I have not been lucky to find one.
>
>Mvh
>Hans
>

>"Malone" <xxmaloneyy@zzwavezz.co.nz> skrev i en meddelelse
>I'm thinking of getting a D-Link DCS 5300W wireless network webcam and would
>like to see some live examples to assess the quality of the image. I can't
>get through to the one on the D-Link site. Can anyone recommend any other
>sites that use this D-Link DCS 5300W?
>
>Thanks
>
>.

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 12:33:30 PM

Thanks Bob - just what I wanted to see. It is expensive, but I have decided to take the plunge..........

!