control a pan/tilt/zoom camera

Hello
I want to control a pan/tilt/zoom webcam via internet.I want to if
there is any standard for controling or not.
I'd be very thankful if you answer me as soon as possible
Thank you

On 28 Jul 2004 06:23:23 -0700, sepideh_saliani@yahoo.com (Sepideh
Saliani) wrote:

>Hello
>I want to control a pan/tilt/zoom webcam via internet.I want to if
>there is any standard for controling or not.
>I'd be very thankful if you answer me as soon as possible
> Thank you

If you want to make yourself a simple and cheap little pan/tilt
webcam (no zoom yet, but possible with a camcorder), then the
below link shows how to do it.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm

We provide products that let you pan/tilt/zoom ordinary webcams and
camcorders.
They are the robotic tripods the TrackerPod (for cameras under 1.5
lbs) and the PowerPod (for cameras and camcorders from 1.5lbs to
3lbs).

For more information, please visit

http://www.trackercam.com/products

Saliani) wrote:

>Hello
>I want to control a pan/tilt/zoom webcam via internet.I want to if
>there is any standard for controling or not.
>I'd be very thankful if you answer me as soon as possible
> Thank you

I bought a Powerpod, to use with my webcam and camcorder. It has been
superb in use, can't praise it high enough. Have a look at
www.trakercam.com

I don't think there is a standard as such for these things but my
powerpod works as advertised. I use it for general surviellance of the
farmyard while I'm away.
Regards, Jeff.