control a pan/tilt/zoom camera

Hello
I want to control a pan/tilt/zoom webcam via internet.I want to if
there is any standard for controling or not.
I'd be very thankful if you answer me as soon as possible
Thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about control tilt zoom camera

    On 28 Jul 2004 06:23:23 -0700, sepideh_saliani@yahoo.com (Sepideh
    Saliani) wrote:

    >Hello
    >I want to control a pan/tilt/zoom webcam via internet.I want to if
    >there is any standard for controling or not.
    >I'd be very thankful if you answer me as soon as possible
    > Thank you

    If you want to make yourself a simple and cheap little pan/tilt
    webcam (no zoom yet, but possible with a camcorder), then the
    below link shows how to do it.

    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm

    We provide products that let you pan/tilt/zoom ordinary webcams and
    camcorders.
    They are the robotic tripods the TrackerPod (for cameras under 1.5
    lbs) and the PowerPod (for cameras and camcorders from 1.5lbs to
    3lbs).

    For more information, please visit

    http://www.trackercam.com/products

    Saliani) wrote:

    >Hello
    >I want to control a pan/tilt/zoom webcam via internet.I want to if
    >there is any standard for controling or not.
    >I'd be very thankful if you answer me as soon as possible
    > Thank you

    I bought a Powerpod, to use with my webcam and camcorder. It has been
    superb in use, can't praise it high enough. Have a look at
    www.trakercam.com

    I don't think there is a standard as such for these things but my
    powerpod works as advertised. I use it for general surviellance of the
    farmyard while I'm away.
    Regards, Jeff.

Webcams Cameras Zoom Peripherals