Works Word Processer Help

I was working on a word doc.. and all of a sudden.. before i could save it
.... it said it errored out and closed the program.. lost all my work.. i
know.. i know.. i should of saved it earlier.. but ya know..lol.. is there
anyway of retreaving this doc? i looked at system restore but that was 5 hrs
before the problem happened.. so that was no help. I am useing microsoft
windows xp.

System Restore can't help as it doesn't monitor text files. Try checking
your Temp files to see if a copy was saved there.
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"MKinney31" <MKinney31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was working on a word doc.. and all of a sudden.. before i could save it
> ... it said it errored out and closed the program.. lost all my work.. i
> know.. i know.. i should of saved it earlier.. but ya know..lol.. is there
> anyway of retreaving this doc? i looked at system restore but that was 5
> hrs
> before the problem happened.. so that was no help. I am useing microsoft
> windows xp.

"MKinney31" <MKinney31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was working on a word doc.. and all of a sudden.. before i could
> save it ... it said it errored out and closed the program.. lost all
> my work.. i know.. i know.. i should of saved it earlier.. but ya
> know..lol.. is there anyway of retreaving this doc? i looked at
> system restore but that was 5 hrs before the problem happened.. so
> that was no help. I am useing microsoft windows xp.

You can also look in My Documents and the Temp folder for your user for a
file with a WBK extension and try opening that in Word.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

You've lost your work. If Works works like Word, you may be lucky in that the auto
recovery feature works and you might recover some of your document when you re-open
the program.
If not, start typing.