so which graphics solution will work

zzrpilot

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
Ok so here it is I want to be able to run 2 instances of a MMOG game on a single machine, with each game showing on a different monitor.

What way can this be achieved? Two graphics cards one for each game with an SLI Mother board?
Or a true twin output graphics card that will give decent frame rate for each game rather than a good rate on the primary and a rubish frame rate on the secondary which I get with the 6800 GT extreme..

Any good suggestions?

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
That's up to the software you're trying to run as to whether it permits multiple instances of itself. At the very least, you may have to use a dual core processor and set a different processor affinity for each instance.

But, both instances are competing for the same hardware resources, or the code itself can't handle being referenced from two different memory addresses, you may not be able to pull it off.

mpjesse

Splendid
Games do not treat video cards individually, drivers do that. Games see the graphics sub system as ONE unit. So the reason you can't run 2 instances of a certain game is... well... the game itself. And don't count on anyone making a game capable of running 2 instances on a single machine. There's no demand. Except of course, you.

-mpjesse

zzrpilot

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
I can run upto 4 instances of the game no problem at all and alt tab between them
It would just be nice to get two instances on 2 screens for convinience...