Question 4 the sick ninja

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Misplaced, I know. Has nothing to do with cooling at all.

mercedes_007RP.jpg

How can this possibly be the babe of the week? If she'd be sitting on my alfa instead of that german, I'd probably call her corpse of the week instead .... and why's there a bmw on the picture, if the image's called merc anyway?

if placed in a swimming pool, or my bedroom, she'd sure qualify for babe of the week, but not when ruining the hood of perfectly fine car. You need to set your priorities straight. PC, Car, Girl, Work - that's how you should think .... not PC, Girl, Study ...

just my 2 (euro)cents

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Meh, PC > Work > Girls > Car for me... but cars and girls are about equal...

You can replace a car with money, but you can't replace a hot girl with one... well, you can but you know what I mean...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Well true in some regard. To an extend cars and girls are interchangable. You can rent either, you can buy either (in russia at least), you can dump either. But then again, they're not at all similar. You can invest heaps and heaps in a girl, and she'll just expect you to invest more, but your car's happy with anything you offer it, and it doesn't expect you to add even more if you don't want to. Both require maintainance as you may know, but the cars maintainance can be calculated and predicted. With a girl you never really know when what is due, and you can pretty much be sure that, whatever is due, it's too late once the alert clocks are ringing.

So. I'm lazy, and girls are a lot less predictable than cars, therefore the cars will have to come first. Once you're done with the cars, you can spend remaining resources on the girl. If you do it the other way around, you may end up not having enough resources for either. Therefore, cars definetly have to come before girls. Not meaning they're mutually exclusive of course.

Edit: Work's just a nessecity to aquire the resources needed to maintain the other three 'items', therefore should be prioritized lower.
You work in order to live, you don't live in order to work.

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
(Quote)You need to set your priorities straight. PC, Car, Girl, Work - that's how you should think .... not PC, Girl, Study ...

I would have to say work above all others, because without that, you will have none of the others :wink:

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I would have to say work above all others, because without that, you will have none of the others :wink:

Correct .... without work, the others wouldn't exist. BUT. Without the others, work is irrelevant. Work is the means, not the goal.

Don't get me wrong - I like my job no doubt, but I don't work there for fun, I work there for the pay. That it's a fun job just means I picked that one over another, less attractive job.

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
:lol:, I have to agree with ya. If not for my kids and better half, why work. Oh yeh computers, scuba diving,mountian biking and BEER.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Exactly. I don't like kids, and don't have the physical conditions right in order to scuba dive, but whatever the hobbies are, they need resources you aquire by working. If you were sufficiently rich, you'd not work 8 hours a day, you'd engage in your hobbies 16 hours a day (some hobbies are equal to what we'd call work)

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
What's the difference between a BMW and a cactus?

The cactus has the pricks on the outside.

As far as putting a car before a woman - that attitude will have you sleeping with the car. But no piece of A$$ is worth scratches on a custom paint job, so you decide.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Utake I've long made my decision.
Granted one of my prior girlfriends didn't like it when I didn't let her drive my audi, but one has to make choices. I'm sorry for you if you disagree, but I can live with it. You cheat only yourself after all.

G

Hehe,
I don't know about the priorities.
I would say Car>house , rather get a small apartments/condo with 2 sweet care then a bigger place with 1 average car!

About Pc/sports/girls/work/school it's all about balance, but I am not really balanced myself :oops:

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Yep. I agree with you. I have rented the upper floor of my brothers house instead of invested in one myself. Instead I have 3 cars (2 veterans and the alfa 156). Except for sleeping I'm home perhaps 4 hours a day. However I drive in my car every day, and I drive a lot. A quality car therefore definetly is a higher priority than a quality house. I wouldn't mind both, but one has to compromise at times.

G

Smart man...smart man.

Honey is not that I don't like you, is that I like my car!

G

I use to have this
DSCF1002.JPG

Star ice cooler, gift from a friend, did work pretty well!

Now got my tuniq, haven't tried it yet. I must say I usually got great mileage from the stock cooler!

My favorites:
Titan Amanda
44200066_g.jpg

Makes me go <(^o^)>

Scythe Ninja
ninja5.jpg

Cause its a Ninja too. <(^_^)>

Seriously people no more off topic threads, the mods get pissed. When they get pissed, hoo boy.

db101

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Scythe Ninja
ninja5.jpg

Cause its a Ninja too. <(^_^)>

Did you put a fan or two on that? I've been thinking about getting that (or something silent without fans) but most every review I find of one of these, the reviewer notes that he attached such and such fan to help with the cooling. And it cools well then, but it's hard to come across a lineup review of a bunch of coolers that show this without a fan.

Maybe I'll just clean out all the dust again and replace thermal compound with AS5 - I don't want to sink money into my Celeron rig as long as I don't have to. And the temps aren't horrible, I just don't like the whiny stock fan now that I've moved the comp next to my bed. :p

db101

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
I've seen that I could buy them with or without fans, but when I started reading about this great new method of air cooling using heatpipes instead of heatsinks, it almost seemed to me that this could run on all but the hottest, most demanding processers without too much trouble.

So passive cooling won't be good enough? I don't want to kill my CPU, to be sure, but I was hoping that the Magical Heatpipes might suck away enough heat to keep temps down without the need for noisy fans cluttering up my earwaves.