Sign in with
Your question

Question 4 the sick ninja

Last response: in Overclocking
November 29, 2006 6:26:21 PM

Misplaced, I know. Has nothing to do with cooling at all.

How can this possibly be the babe of the week? If she'd be sitting on my alfa instead of that german, I'd probably call her corpse of the week instead .... and why's there a bmw on the picture, if the image's called merc anyway?

if placed in a swimming pool, or my bedroom, she'd sure qualify for babe of the week, but not when ruining the hood of perfectly fine car. You need to set your priorities straight. PC, Car, Girl, Work - that's how you should think .... not PC, Girl, Study ...

just my 2 (euro)cents

More about : question sick ninja

November 29, 2006 6:38:31 PM

Meh, PC > Work > Girls > Car for me... but cars and girls are about equal...

You can replace a car with money, but you can't replace a hot girl with one... well, you can but you know what I mean...
November 29, 2006 6:50:15 PM

Well true in some regard. To an extend cars and girls are interchangable. You can rent either, you can buy either (in russia at least), you can dump either. But then again, they're not at all similar. You can invest heaps and heaps in a girl, and she'll just expect you to invest more, but your car's happy with anything you offer it, and it doesn't expect you to add even more if you don't want to. Both require maintainance as you may know, but the cars maintainance can be calculated and predicted. With a girl you never really know when what is due, and you can pretty much be sure that, whatever is due, it's too late once the alert clocks are ringing.

So. I'm lazy, and girls are a lot less predictable than cars, therefore the cars will have to come first. Once you're done with the cars, you can spend remaining resources on the girl. If you do it the other way around, you may end up not having enough resources for either. Therefore, cars definetly have to come before girls. Not meaning they're mutually exclusive of course.

Edit: Work's just a nessecity to aquire the resources needed to maintain the other three 'items', therefore should be prioritized lower.
You work in order to live, you don't live in order to work.
Related resources
November 29, 2006 7:33:38 PM

(Quote)You need to set your priorities straight. PC, Car, Girl, Work - that's how you should think .... not PC, Girl, Study ...

I would have to say work above all others, because without that, you will have none of the others :wink:
November 29, 2006 7:39:37 PM

Quote:
I would have to say work above all others, because without that, you will have none of the others :wink:

Correct .... without work, the others wouldn't exist. BUT. Without the others, work is irrelevant. Work is the means, not the goal.

Don't get me wrong - I like my job no doubt, but I don't work there for fun, I work there for the pay. That it's a fun job just means I picked that one over another, less attractive job.
November 29, 2006 7:53:46 PM

:lol: , I have to agree with ya. If not for my kids and better half, why work. Oh yeh computers, scuba diving,mountian biking and BEER.
November 29, 2006 7:59:29 PM

Exactly. I don't like kids, and don't have the physical conditions right in order to scuba dive, but whatever the hobbies are, they need resources you aquire by working. If you were sufficiently rich, you'd not work 8 hours a day, you'd engage in your hobbies 16 hours a day (some hobbies are equal to what we'd call work)
November 29, 2006 8:15:28 PM

You losers are completely embarassing yourselves.
November 29, 2006 8:17:26 PM

Quote:

Suppose you include me in that comment. I'm listening. Explain.
November 29, 2006 8:24:01 PM

This had better be a good one too.
Edit: I didn't post that chick. It was all Prozac's fault.
November 29, 2006 8:35:40 PM

...great.... another Shoez or Ps3 vs. Computer..... sigh.
November 29, 2006 8:37:37 PM

What's the difference between a BMW and a cactus?

The cactus has the pricks on the outside.

As far as putting a car before a woman - that attitude will have you sleeping with the car. But no piece of A$$ is worth scratches on a custom paint job, so you decide.
November 29, 2006 8:54:45 PM

Utake I've long made my decision.
Granted one of my prior girlfriends didn't like it when I didn't let her drive my audi, but one has to make choices. I'm sorry for you if you disagree, but I can live with it. You cheat only yourself after all.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 29, 2006 8:54:51 PM

Hehe,
I don't know about the priorities.
I would say Car>house , rather get a small apartments/condo with 2 sweet care then a bigger place with 1 average car!

About Pc/sports/girls/work/school it's all about balance, but I am not really balanced myself :oops: 
November 29, 2006 8:59:17 PM

Yep. I agree with you. I have rented the upper floor of my brothers house instead of invested in one myself. Instead I have 3 cars (2 veterans and the alfa 156). Except for sleeping I'm home perhaps 4 hours a day. However I drive in my car every day, and I drive a lot. A quality car therefore definetly is a higher priority than a quality house. I wouldn't mind both, but one has to compromise at times.
November 29, 2006 9:03:49 PM

My AE86, my MK3 Supra and my new S13 are less important than my house. My girlfriend.... is as important as my car, but I'm still not letting her drive it.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 29, 2006 9:05:51 PM

Smart man...smart man.

Honey is not that I don't like you, is that I like my car!
November 29, 2006 9:08:05 PM

That being said lets get this on topic, whats everyones favorite cooler?
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 29, 2006 9:14:44 PM

I use to have this

Star ice cooler, gift from a friend, did work pretty well!

Now got my tuniq, haven't tried it yet. I must say I usually got great mileage from the stock cooler!
November 29, 2006 9:17:34 PM

My favorites:
Titan Amanda

Makes me go <(^o^)>

Scythe Ninja

Cause its a Ninja too. <(^_^)>

Seriously people no more off topic threads, the mods get pissed. When they get pissed, hoo boy.
November 29, 2006 9:24:45 PM

Quote:

I'm waiting too, and still no answer :?
November 30, 2006 5:17:24 AM

Quote:

I'm waiting too, and still no answer :?

Flamebait .... we won't get a response.

ps mods pissed .... that's their problem.
November 30, 2006 6:18:26 AM

Quote:
Scythe Ninja

Cause its a Ninja too. <(^_^)>

Did you put a fan or two on that? I've been thinking about getting that (or something silent without fans) but most every review I find of one of these, the reviewer notes that he attached such and such fan to help with the cooling. And it cools well then, but it's hard to come across a lineup review of a bunch of coolers that show this without a fan.

Maybe I'll just clean out all the dust again and replace thermal compound with AS5 - I don't want to sink money into my Celeron rig as long as I don't have to. And the temps aren't horrible, I just don't like the whiny stock fan now that I've moved the comp next to my bed. :p 
November 30, 2006 6:36:34 AM

You can order the ninja both with and without a fan - so if you go for this baby, just pick the one that already has a 120mm fan :) 
November 30, 2006 6:51:17 AM

I've seen that I could buy them with or without fans, but when I started reading about this great new method of air cooling using heatpipes instead of heatsinks, it almost seemed to me that this could run on all but the hottest, most demanding processers without too much trouble.

So passive cooling won't be good enough? I don't want to kill my CPU, to be sure, but I was hoping that the Magical Heatpipes might suck away enough heat to keep temps down without the need for noisy fans cluttering up my earwaves.
November 30, 2006 6:57:45 AM

When I asked around, I was told it could passively cool an e6400 - I don't know what kind of heat your celeron produces, but I would think that a stock speed celeron could run passively .... altho I'm not sure.

The biggest problem with these monsters is, that they don't fit into all cases.
November 30, 2006 4:05:59 PM

Yes, yes. I keep forgetting about the size issue. I'll do some measurements and keep my eyes on reviews. I'm in no rush to get anything (and when I get something I'll try and find something that works on this as well as an e6300 socket cpu for my next build). :wink:
November 30, 2006 5:53:59 PM

Okay. when you meassure - unless you have 142mm between the top of the cpu socket and inside of the side panel, you can't fit any of the towers - and most are 150mm.

ps. the e6300 socket is LGA775 - but almost all towers have brackets fitting all desktop sockets
November 30, 2006 6:15:54 PM

WTF... let's get back to thread jacking...

The real plan is to not even have a house, but have a couple of girlfriends and just move from place to place a girlfriends house here for a week, there for another couple, yadda yadda yadda. And work goes in front of girl and car, because I will never ditch work for them (at least not yet, give me a couple of years and the position will reverse).

Cooler wise, AC7 is best small cooler, Ninja/Infinity/Tuniq is best tower, and Amanda is just... Amanda. The Vigor really disappointed me...

BTW, I know how to get a free copy of MS Vista Buisness and Office 2007, PM me for more info, but I'll only respond if I like you =P
November 30, 2006 6:33:08 PM

Work doesn't go in front of all ... fair enough that not being fired is a priority, but you don't live in order to work .... work's like alcohol - only healthy in moderation.

As for coolers .... I forgot what I meant to say ....
November 30, 2006 6:43:29 PM

There's a reason I turned the thread to that direction. Lets just say, I've irked them a bit this week.
November 30, 2006 6:46:53 PM

Quote:
Well true in some regard. To an extend cars and girls are interchangable. You can rent either, you can buy either (in russia at least), you can dump either. But then again, they're not at all similar. You can invest heaps and heaps in a girl, and she'll just expect you to invest more, but your car's happy with anything you offer it, and it doesn't expect you to add even more if you don't want to. Both require maintainance as you may know, but the cars maintainance can be calculated and predicted. With a girl you never really know when what is due, and you can pretty much be sure that, whatever is due, it's too late once the alert clocks are ringing.

this is the quote of the month mind it i take it :) .
November 30, 2006 7:24:58 PM

Quote:
have a couple of girlfriends and just move from place to place a girlfriends house here for a week, there for another couple, yadda yadda yadda.

A sound plan, to be sure. How do you plan on acquiring said girlfriends and keep them pacified (or in the dark) about you moving from one to the other? It might be cheaper in the long run to stick it out with just one (or two). After several months (or more if you're good) she'll try to make you pay rent or kick you out. That's when you use your backup, but the more chicks you try to juggle, the more you'll end up spending to keep 'em happy.

Oh hell I don't know what I'm talking about. I live off scholarship money except in the summer when I get a job. Unfortunately next semester is the last I'll have said scholarhip dough so I'll need to get a more permanent job after that. :?
November 30, 2006 7:29:35 PM

Quote:
There's a reason I turned the thread to that direction. Lets just say, I've irked them a bit this week.

The users are the ones who decide the usage of a given service, the mods merely are there to inform the users of the expected usage.
Anyone who isn't a rebel in one sense or another, is alraedy dead.
November 30, 2006 7:31:15 PM

Heh, my take is that I'm not going to consider marriage till at least 30, when everything is fairly stable job-wise and economic wise, not to mention A-B moves you around a lot if you want to advance. Money is the most importantthing for happiness, because with money, you can choose to be happy or not. Without money, you're definitly going to be unhappy... or at least in my case.
November 30, 2006 7:37:12 PM

Naa that's rubbish! I've never had any serious problems with money. Ain't rich, but got the money for anything I want.
However, not having the economy doesn't mean you're bound to be unhappy.
My best friend is studying at a university as is his girlfriend, and they don't have funds to do all they want, but I think they're more happy than many of those who can. Cause they appreaciate anything they can get, while less poor people might take stuff for granted.
November 30, 2006 7:40:37 PM

That's the trick, isn't it? Be happy with what you can get... but for a lot of us, what we want to get is more money. And since there's always more to be had, therein lies the unhappiness.
November 30, 2006 7:46:18 PM

Yes I'm sure that goes for most of us, but if we didn't long for more of something (money for instance), would we be alive? or just breathing?
I mean, if you don't have any desires, what do you have?
And I suppose money is reasonable to desire, since it can unlock other desires that you may not even realize you have. But money isn't everything, nor the most important thing.

Consider what you'd want if you were in a south african village. You'd not want money or a computer with 2 8800gtx and an aegis card, what you'd want is toiletpaper .....
November 30, 2006 7:49:11 PM

LOL, yeah, I'm fairly happy with what I got now, decent computer, decent car, yadda yadda...

But I'd be EVEN HAPPIER with a $10k computer, and a Bugatti Veyron...
November 30, 2006 7:53:51 PM

Quote:

No you wouldn't! The bugatti is a VolksWagen product - and will probably have the same durability as a normal golf - and a golf breaks down even before you manage to turn it on ....
November 30, 2006 7:55:40 PM

Bah, fine, a Skyline R34 With Garett Turbocharges pushing out 1k hp...

Or a Mclaren... fairly old now, but I still like its styling...

I could also go for a Maybach when I feel like sitting in luxury...
November 30, 2006 8:06:31 PM

Skyline sounds reasonable, but are you aware that the model you're interested in only comes with the steering wheel in the wrong side? and I don't know about the usa, but there's no european type certification, so it's a paper war..... rather have a 3 liter biturbo supra .... looks better, and can also be tweaked to about 1k horses
November 30, 2006 9:46:36 PM

The Skyline can't drift. Thats my biggest problem with it. the ETESA system automatically sends power to the front wheels when the rear starts to slip. Its a pain in the ass, for the types of races I run, and its a pain on tire wear. I prefer the Supra. Less weight, less of a traction whore and a bit more controllable to me at least. On the downhill.
November 30, 2006 10:51:26 PM

Quote:

No you wouldn't! The bugatti is a VolksWagen product - and will probably have the same durability as a normal golf - and a golf breaks down even before you manage to turn it on ....

The WRX is a volkswagen and the turbos run high 11's in a quarter mile.
and thats stock from fatory,and it can drift :D 
November 30, 2006 11:56:03 PM

Quote:
The Skyline can't drift. Thats my biggest problem with it. the ETESA system automatically sends power to the front wheels when the rear starts to slip. Its a pain in the ass, for the types of races I run, and its a pain on tire wear. I prefer the Supra. Less weight, less of a traction whore and a bit more controllable to me at least. On the downhill.

A Ninja-of-all-trades. You race cars as well as dabbling in high-end computers? Expensive hobbies, but excellent ones.

I know I'm supremely weird, but I really like vans. Of course I'd love to have a sportscar, but I've owned a few vans and I really like the versatility of them. What I mean is removing the back seats and putting in some shag, change the paint, etc. Ah, versatile. You can haul wood back there and it won't get wet, haul furniture, or haul some a$$ back there... yeah. :D 
December 1, 2006 1:37:31 AM

Quote:
Misplaced, I know. Has nothing to do with cooling at all.

What twists and turns this thread can follow; from girls to coolers to cars. That said, I'd let the girl sit back on my Corba anytime, long as she was wearing nothing that could scratch it. I might even let her ride in it, or on it, or...

Cooler wise, my old fashioned Zalman 9500 keeps my FX60 in the low 40's under load, so its good enough for me. At least so far.

Car wise, my dream is a 1962 Ferrari 250 Berlinetta GTO. Unless some very rich uncle I don't know about dies and leaves me his millions, I'll never afford it. Oh well, at least I can dream.
December 1, 2006 2:20:26 AM

Please don't waste a scythe on a celeron :?

mmmm Bugati Veron (Drool), I Trust theres some other Top Gear fans in here :)  8)
December 1, 2006 2:47:40 AM

Quote:

mmmm Bugati Veron (Drool), why get a R34 with Turbo's when you can get a Veron with Two engines and 4 turbo's ;) 

Scythe on a celeron??? Bugati Veron? Did you reply to the wrong person?
December 1, 2006 3:03:05 AM

Quote:

mmmm Bugati Veron (Drool), why get a R34 with Turbo's when you can get a Veron with Two engines and 4 turbo's ;) 

Scythe on a celeron??? Bugati Veron? Did you reply to the wrong person?

I prob replied to the wrong person cause I'm to lazy to scroll up to the right one :)  but if you read the whole thread you'd know what im talking about.
December 1, 2006 3:20:51 AM

What is the big deal about the Veyron? Unless you live in a dry salt lake, you'll never even see close to the top speed so that doesn't really matter all that much. From what I've heard, because of the weight of the 2 engines, it doesn't handle well and IMO it's not all that great to look at.

As was said earlier, VW, it breaks before you turn it on. Didn't anyone see Tom cruise struggle for like a minute to get the door open for Katie Holmes at the MI3 premier??? That was some funny $h!t.

I'd rather go for a Porsche Carrera GT. I've always loved that car.
!