Mother board installation

jlockey

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
Installing motherboard GA-8KNXP All I get is a long beep out of my speakers it doesn't boot to BIOS. I have taken this board out and reinstalled it 4 or 5 times checking every thing to no avail . Any suggestions would be appreciated. :(

jlockey

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
Yes !!! I RMA ed this board for not booting and got it back and it still will not boot. :lol: I guess I will go back to my ASUS board.

DukeDave

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Installing motherboard GA-8KNXP All I get is a long beep out of my speakers it doesn't boot to BIOS. I have taken this board out and reinstalled it 4 or 5 times checking every thing to no avail . Any suggestions would be appreciated. :(

What type of ram are you using? There have been several instances of systems not booting because the ram used requires more voltage than the motherboard supplies by default ie: ram reqs 2.1v mb supplies1.8v.

jlockey

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
Thanks! But it turned out that there is something wrong with my A channel of memory. If I place a module in the A channel (either of the three) it will give a continouse beep through my speakers and will not boot if I place one or both in B channel it will boot. Any suggestions as to what is wrong or is it just a bad board.