curious about something

Last response: in Video Games
June 10, 2005 9:41:36 AM

I am curious about how the scammer whose name shall not be mentioned knew
the email address used for my other account. I could see getting the email
I use here, but it also sent me a scam email to the email address I used to
set up my alternate account. I tried to find that email address in the
public view of user skientist_ii, and could not find my email address.

This baffling thing shall have me spending a sleeples night, I just know it.
Kind of like when there is a cricket chirping but you can't figure out where
it is, or when someone asks you if Adam and Eve had bellybuttons.

More about : curious

June 10, 2005 4:23:03 PM

A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
> I am curious about how the scammer whose name shall not be mentioned knew
> the email address used for my other account. I could see getting the email
> I use here, but it also sent me a scam email to the email address I used to
> set up my alternate account. I tried to find that email address in the
> public view of user skientist_ii, and could not find my email address.

Your email address isn't made public on the neopets site.

Have you used it to post to usenet in the past perhaps?

There must be a logical explanation as I do not think we are dealing
with a mastermind hacker here. :-)

--
If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!

That's just it - it is an email address I use for posting, but not anything
Neopets-related - and the newsgroups I use it in are all fractal and CGI
binaries groups.

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
> > I am curious about how the scammer whose name shall not be mentioned
knew
> > the email address used for my other account. I could see getting the
email
> > I use here, but it also sent me a scam email to the email address I used
> > set up my alternate account. I tried to find that email address in the
> > public view of user skientist_ii, and could not find my email address.
> >

> Your email address isn't made public on the neopets site.
>
> Have you used it to post to usenet in the past perhaps?
>
> There must be a logical explanation as I do not think we are dealing
> with a mastermind hacker here. :-)
>
> --
> If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
> It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!
> --------- No pets will be harmed in the playing of this game. ---------
> www.x-kings.com/public/new_user.php?friend=Tael
June 11, 2005 3:23:00 AM

A. M. Hawk Widner wrote:
> I am curious about how the scammer whose name shall not be mentioned
> knew the email address used for my other account. I could see
> getting the email I use here, but it also sent me a scam email to the
> email address I used to set up my alternate account. I tried to find
> that email address in the public view of user skientist_ii, and could
> not find my email address.

You can do one of those netscan searches and it will show where you post too
and what your aliases are and the other email address can be had that way. I
entered the email that shows when I look at the properties of this post and
it showed 4 other places where you post.

Gareeth
June 11, 2005 3:36:00 AM

A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
> That's just it - it is an email address I use for posting, but not anything
> Neopets-related - and the newsgroups I use it in are all fractal and CGI
> binaries groups.

Would a google groups search of your name turn it up?

--
If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!
--------- No pets will be harmed in the playing of this game. ---------
www.x-kings.com/public/new_user.php?friend=Tael
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:23:27 AM

Oh - yes, it would, and a Neopets reference link on at least 3 web pages
associated with that email address. That 'splains it!

> A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
> > That's just it - it is an email address I use for posting, but not
anything
> > Neopets-related - and the newsgroups I use it in are all fractal and CGI
> > binaries groups.
>
> Would a google groups search of your name turn it up?
>
> --
> If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
> It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!
> --------- No pets will be harmed in the playing of this game. ---------
> www.x-kings.com/public/new_user.php?friend=Tael
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:30:16 PM

"Gareeth" <> wrote > You can do one of those netscan searches and it will
show where you post too
> and what your aliases are and the other email address can be had that way.
> entered the email that shows when I look at the properties of this post
and
> it showed 4 other places where you post.

Well, well - I am getting edumacated. I didn't know one could easily do
that. I knew someone could find easily what other groups I posted in as
amhwidner, but leagning my other identities is an interesting thing. Though
I do have a web page where they are all listed, including one occasionally
used in IRC.
June 11, 2005 5:30:58 PM

A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
> Oh - yes, it would, and a Neopets reference link on at least 3 web pages
> associated with that email address. That 'splains it!

So no more sleepless nights I hope?

> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
> > > That's just it - it is an email address I use for posting, but not
> anything
> > > Neopets-related - and the newsgroups I use it in are all fractal and CGI
> > > binaries groups.
> >
> > Would a google groups search of your name turn it up?
> >
> > --
> > If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
> > It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!
> > --------- No pets will be harmed in the playing of this game. ---------
> > www.x-kings.com/public/new_user.php?friend=Tael

--
If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!
--------- No pets will be harmed in the playing of this game. ---------
www.x-kings.com/public/new_user.php?friend=Tael
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 5:30:59 PM

Yeah - the cricket stopped chirping and so forth.

"Les" <> wrote >

!