curious about something

I am curious about how the scammer whose name shall not be mentioned knew
the email address used for my other account. I could see getting the email
I use here, but it also sent me a scam email to the email address I used to
set up my alternate account. I tried to find that email address in the
public view of user skientist_ii, and could not find my email address.

This baffling thing shall have me spending a sleeples night, I just know it.
Kind of like when there is a cricket chirping but you can't figure out where
it is, or when someone asks you if Adam and Eve had bellybuttons.
8 answers Last reply
More about curious something

    A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
    > I am curious about how the scammer whose name shall not be mentioned knew
    > the email address used for my other account. I could see getting the email
    > I use here, but it also sent me a scam email to the email address I used to
    > set up my alternate account. I tried to find that email address in the
    > public view of user skientist_ii, and could not find my email address.

    Your email address isn't made public on the neopets site.

    Have you used it to post to usenet in the past perhaps?

    There must be a logical explanation as I do not think we are dealing
    with a mastermind hacker here. :-)

    --
    If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
    It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!

    That's just it - it is an email address I use for posting, but not anything
    Neopets-related - and the newsgroups I use it in are all fractal and CGI
    binaries groups.

    A. M. Hawk Widner wrote:
    > I am curious about how the scammer whose name shall not be mentioned
    > knew the email address used for my other account. I could see
    > getting the email I use here, but it also sent me a scam email to the
    > email address I used to set up my alternate account. I tried to find
    > that email address in the public view of user skientist_ii, and could
    > not find my email address.

    You can do one of those netscan searches and it will show where you post too
    and what your aliases are and the other email address can be had that way. I
    entered the email that shows when I look at the properties of this post and
    it showed 4 other places where you post.

    Gareeth

    A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
    > That's just it - it is an email address I use for posting, but not anything
    > Neopets-related - and the newsgroups I use it in are all fractal and CGI
    > binaries groups.

    Would a google groups search of your name turn it up?

    --
    If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
    It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!
    --------- No pets will be harmed in the playing of this game. ---------
    www.x-kings.com/public/new_user.php?friend=Tael

    Oh - yes, it would, and a Neopets reference link on at least 3 web pages
    associated with that email address. That 'splains it!

    > A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
    > > That's just it - it is an email address I use for posting, but not
    anything
    > > Neopets-related - and the newsgroups I use it in are all fractal and CGI
    > > binaries groups.
    >
    > Would a google groups search of your name turn it up?
    >
    > --
    > If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
    > It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!
    > --------- No pets will be harmed in the playing of this game. ---------
    > www.x-kings.com/public/new_user.php?friend=Tael

    "Gareeth" <> wrote > You can do one of those netscan searches and it will
    show where you post too
    > and what your aliases are and the other email address can be had that way.
    > entered the email that shows when I look at the properties of this post
    and
    > it showed 4 other places where you post.

    Well, well - I am getting edumacated. I didn't know one could easily do
    that. I knew someone could find easily what other groups I posted in as
    amhwidner, but leagning my other identities is an interesting thing. Though
    I do have a web page where they are all listed, including one occasionally
    used in IRC.

    A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
    > Oh - yes, it would, and a Neopets reference link on at least 3 web pages
    > associated with that email address. That 'splains it!

    So no more sleepless nights I hope?

    > "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > A. M. Hawk Widner [amhwidner@insightbb.com] said
    > > > That's just it - it is an email address I use for posting, but not
    > anything
    > > > Neopets-related - and the newsgroups I use it in are all fractal and CGI
    > > > binaries groups.
    > >
    > > Would a google groups search of your name turn it up?
    > >
    > > --
    > > If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
    > > It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!
    > > --------- No pets will be harmed in the playing of this game. ---------
    > > www.x-kings.com/public/new_user.php?friend=Tael

    --
    If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
    It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!
    --------- No pets will be harmed in the playing of this game. ---------
    www.x-kings.com/public/new_user.php?friend=Tael

    Yeah - the cricket stopped chirping and so forth.

    "Les" <> wrote >
    > So no more sleepless nights I hope?

Games Email Video Games