4X4 Benchmarks! AMD's Quad roars. Well more of a wimper.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
If that doesn't change before the time of release, bummer for AMD! Less performance with more power consumption? That's a tough sell.

Synthetickiller

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
If that doesn't change before the time of release, bummer for AMD! Less performance with more power consumption? That's a tough sell.

I've been looking for a really crappy heater. At 3000 bucks for a set up, thats GREAT.

If you don't have central heat and need a fast computer, now is the time to buy.

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
dont forget that intel has had the crown as cpu king for only 6 to 8
months or so. amd had it for the last 3 years or so.

amd will come back and then intel will come back also.

its good competition.

with out it, well? who knows.

edit; what if we had a third party? cpu company.

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006

I've been looking for a really crappy heater. At 3000 bucks for a set up, thats GREAT.

If you don't have central heat and need a fast computer, now is the time to buy.

no just use my sli setup :lol: it will keep you warm.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Anyway, yeah, I don't understand fanboism. Consumers win when Intel puts out a wicked chip like the C2D/Q. With the Netburst reign of terror, AMD probably could have released 4X4 and enthusiasts would be gobbling it up like candy. Now, AMD is like "uh crap... must come up with something even better". Know what I mean?