Temp Internet Files - can't see or delete them

Hello all. Happy New Year
I have a problem with my Temporary Internet Files. When I go to
C:\Doc&Settings\Owner\LocalSettings\TempInternetFiles about 30-40 files (I
just emptied it yesterday) but when I right click on the folder it shows
there is OVER 1 GB of files in there. When I delete everything I can see in
the folder there is still over 1 GB of files in that folder - although it
appears empty. I was tipped off to this problem by running certain system
scans (spyware) that seemed to take forever when scanning this folder.
Also my system will not let me finish a CLEANMGR (Disk Cleanup) - it just
starts and then hangs forever without finishing. Can anyone help??
Some things to help may be:
1. I am up to date with all updates (I run XP)
2. In Folder Options - I have checked "show all hidden files"
3. In Tools/InternetOptions/TempIntFiles/Settings - I have only 5mb allotted
to this.

I hope that is enough info to go on.
Thanks for your help
Jennifer

~john aka: jopa

See http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

WOW - SO Simple! It took an hour but worked. Many thanks

--
Kevin Sirface
www.YourSourceInJapan.com