udratherbme

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Hi All,

I have just recently (over the weekend) set up a wired/wireless small network in my home. I am quite new @ this and I thought it would be a breeze....

It actually was after about 2 hours, i am using an U.S. Robotics 5461 125 wireless g w/ print server router, my ISP is cox communications. My machine setups are 1 windows ME (that will be upgraded shortly after I get everthing working to WinXP or 2000 Pro) and the other the one is Windows XP Media Ed.

Now I have the Windows Media PC wired to the network as the main system and the ME machine is running wireless.

My problems: 1) I have the Media PC going to standby after an hour. When I go to get on it I have no internet access, i have to restart the machine in order for it to come up. I have done the IP renew, changing the MAC address, changing the broadcast name of the router, and the only thing that seems to give me access to the Internet after the machine goes into standby is to restart it. Ironically the wireless PC has access anytime i go and get on it.

2) I cannot get the ME machine to print to the server, which is no big deal but I like to have things installed properly just in case i need it, and I have set the printer properties to print RAW data only.....

Please Help
TIA

sturm

Splendid
as for not having network after standby, Go into device mangaer and select the network card. Select properties and goto to the power management tab. uncheck or untick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
If its already unticked or not marked then I am not sure what it would be.

as for the printer, Have you tried making a new port using tcp/ip and setting the ip address to the print server address?