Webcam problem Philips ToUcam 820k

My webcam won't give a normal picture. I've got to connect and
disconnect several times to get a picture. Most of the time grey,
purple / green or no picture.

On my old Pentium 2 400mhz computer it works great. My new AMD Athlon
2800+ my cam doesn't work directly.

Anybody a sollution? :cry:

==============
More about webcam problem philips toucam 820k

    Le 7 Aug 2004 15:11:36 -0400, ishetwelzo@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
    (webcammer) wrote:

    >My webcam won't give a normal picture. I've got to connect and
    >disconnect several times to get a picture. Most of the time grey,
    >purple / green or no picture.
    >
    >On my old Pentium 2 400mhz computer it works great. My new AMD Athlon
    >2800+ my cam doesn't work directly.

    I have problems installing the drivers on my new PC with WINDOWS XP...

    Installation worked fine on my old WINDOWS ME laptop, but now it aborts without
    a word, leaving behind a file named "KILL820.exe".

    Anyone else got that problem?

    HELP NEEDED BADLY here...

    Thx for any clue...
    Jack

    Hi,
    you tried Philips for the right driver(s)?
    go to:
    http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c/common/customercare/searchResults.jhtml;jsessionid=ZOFHLFXUUGPI5J0RMRCRX13HKFSESHAW?_DARGS=%2Fglobal%2Fb2c%2Fcommon%2Ffragments%2Fsmile.jhtml.2
    regards
    Hans

    Le Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:41:17 +0200, HansE <jerkamp@hccnet.nl> vous écriviez:

    >Hi,
    >you tried Philips for the right driver(s)?

    Yes I downloaded the last drivers....

    What the hell is that "kill820.exe" program generated by install??? Anyone using
    that cam got it somewhere on her PC?

    Isn't it possible to install the drivers manually? (bypassing the Plug'nPlay
    procedures)

    >go to:
    >http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c/common/customercare/searchResults.jhtml;jsessionid=ZOFHLFXUUGPI5J0RMRCRX13HKFSESHAW?_DARGS=%2Fglobal%2Fb2c%2Fcommon%2Ffragments%2Fsmile.jhtml.2
    >regards
    >Hans
    >

    >Jack.ben@laposte.net wrote:
    >> Le 7 Aug 2004 15:11:36 -0400, ishetwelzo@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
    >> (webcammer) wrote:
    >>

    >>>My webcam won't give a normal picture. I've got to connect and
    >>>disconnect several times to get a picture. Most of the time grey,
    >>>purple / green or no picture.
    >>>
    >>>On my old Pentium 2 400mhz computer it works great. My new AMD Athlon
    >>>2800+ my cam doesn't work directly.
    >>>

    >> I have problems installing the drivers on my new PC with WINDOWS XP...
    >>
    >> Installation worked fine on my old WINDOWS ME laptop, but now it aborts without
    >> a word, leaving behind a file named "KILL820.exe".
    >>
    >> Anyone else got that problem?
    >>
    >> HELP NEEDED BADLY here...
    >>
    >> Thx for any clue...
    >> Jack

    might want to see if the motherboard has an updated driver set available for
    its chip sets which may include the board and windows usb drivers.

    <Jack.ben@laposte.net> wrote in message
    > Le Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:41:17 +0200, HansE <jerkamp@hccnet.nl> vous
    écriviez:

    > >Hi,
    > >you tried Philips for the right driver(s)?
    > >

    > Yes I downloaded the last drivers....
    >
    > What the hell is that "kill820.exe" program generated by install??? Anyone
    using
    > that cam got it somewhere on her PC?
    >
    > Isn't it possible to install the drivers manually? (bypassing the
    Plug'nPlay
    > procedures)
    >

    > >go to:
    >
    >http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c/common/customercare/searchResult
    s.jhtml;jsessionid=ZOFHLFXUUGPI5J0RMRCRX13HKFSESHAW?_DARGS=%2Fglobal%2Fb2c%2
    Fcommon%2Ffragments%2Fsmile.jhtml.2
    > >regards
    > >Hans
    > >

    > >Jack.ben@laposte.net wrote:
    > >> Le 7 Aug 2004 15:11:36 -0400,
    ishetwelzo@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid

    > >> I have problems installing the drivers on my new PC with WINDOWS XP...
    > >>
    > >> Installation worked fine on my old WINDOWS ME laptop, but now it aborts
    without
    > >> a word, leaving behind a file named "KILL820.exe".
    > >>
    > >> Anyone else got that problem?
    > >>
    > >> HELP NEEDED BADLY here...
    > >>
    > >> Thx for any clue...
    > >> Jack

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Hi Jack,

    I did manually.
    I removed all software via start - etc and than software.
    I removed the Philips software.
    I download the latest software drivers for Window XP "PROFESSIONAL"
    this file is an .exe file and run
    Good luck
    Hans

    Jack.ben@laposte.net wrote:

    > Le Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:41:17 +0200, HansE <jerkamp@hccnet.nl> vous écriviez:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>you tried Philips for the right driver(s)?
    >>

    > Yes I downloaded the last drivers....
    >
    > What the hell is that "kill820.exe" program generated by install??? Anyone using
    > that cam got it somewhere on her PC?
    >
    > Isn't it possible to install the drivers manually? (bypassing the Plug'nPlay
    > procedures)
    >

    >>go to:
    >>http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c/common/customercare/searchResults.jhtml;jsessionid=ZOFHLFXUUGPI5J0RMRCRX13HKFSESHAW?_DARGS=%2Fglobal%2Fb2c%2Fcommon%2Ffragments%2Fsmile.jhtml.2
    >>regards
    >>Hans
    >>

    >>Jack.ben@laposte.net wrote:

    >>>I have problems installing the drivers on my new PC with WINDOWS XP...
    >>>
    >>>Installation worked fine on my old WINDOWS ME laptop, but now it aborts without
    >>>a word, leaving behind a file named "KILL820.exe".
    >>>
    >>>Anyone else got that problem?
    >>>
    >>>HELP NEEDED BADLY here...
    >>>
    >>>Thx for any clue...
    >>>Jack

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Thanks Hans,

    I did just that, too, but the .exe file from Philips just stops in the middle of
    installation, without a word.... doesn't even ask the user to connect the cam on
    USB... and leaves behind that ominous 'kill820.exe" file...

    I tried to unpack the ".cab" files within the .exe file (which can be opened by
    winzip)... but winzip cant unpack them... neither does WINDOWS... must be a
    proprietary format...

    Anyone else had those problems????

    Jack

    Le Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:25:26 +0200, HansE <jerkamp@hccnet.nl> vous écriviez:

    >Hi Jack,
    >
    >I did manually.
    >I removed all software via start - etc and than software.
    >I removed the Philips software.
    >I download the latest software drivers for Window XP "PROFESSIONAL"
    >this file is an .exe file and run
    >Good luck
    >Hans
    >

    >Jack.ben@laposte.net wrote:
    >
    >> Le Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:41:17 +0200, HansE <jerkamp@hccnet.nl> vous écriviez:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>you tried Philips for the right driver(s)?
    >>>

    >> Yes I downloaded the last drivers....
    >>
    >> What the hell is that "kill820.exe" program generated by install??? Anyone using
    >> that cam got it somewhere on her PC?
    >>
    >> Isn't it possible to install the drivers manually? (bypassing the Plug'nPlay
    >> procedures)
    >>

    >>>go to:
    >>>http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c/common/customercare/searchResults.jhtml;jsessionid=ZOFHLFXUUGPI5J0RMRCRX13HKFSESHAW?_DARGS=%2Fglobal%2Fb2c%2Fcommon%2Ffragments%2Fsmile.jhtml.2
    >>>regards
    >>>Hans

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Done all that, but no result till now. Is my processor maybe to fast
    for this Philips trash?

    ==============
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    On 14 Aug 2004 08:10:25 -0400,
    ishetwelzo@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (webcammer) wrote:

    > Done all that, but no result till now.
    > Is my processor maybe to fast for this Philips trash?

    No. Did you install the driver in the right order?
    Driver first and connect the camera thereafter
    when the installing process tells you to do so.
    This Philips cameras are very good products.
    No trash.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    I did install the driver first. Afterwards I got a message to connect
    the camera WHEN there will be asked for. It never did.

    Has it something to do with USB 2.0 maybe? With my older computer, USB
    1.1, it worked at once.

    ==============
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    ishetwelzo@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (webcammer) wrote in message news:<41288d7c$1_3@news.athenanews.com>...
    > I did install the driver first. Afterwards I got a message to connect
    > the camera WHEN there will be asked for. It never did.
    >
    > Has it something to do with USB 2.0 maybe? With my older computer, USB
    > 1.1, it worked at once.
    >
    > ==============
    > Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

    Hi!
    I have the exact problem on my new AMD 64 laptop.
    Did you eventually make it work?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Erhan Bilal wrote:

    >>I did install the driver first. Afterwards I got a message to connect
    >>the camera WHEN there will be asked for. It never did.
    >>1.1, it worked at once.
    >>Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.
    > Hi!
    > I have the exact problem on my new AMD 64 laptop.
    > Did you eventually make it work?
    I have the same problem too. Philips Vcheck is missing too. An this
    program normaly configure the cam.
    It could be a problem with nvidia chipset or graphiccards.
    If i use the broken driver, i get sometime a green picture with some
    shadows.
    I ask now the suport of philips and hoply they can help us.
    Sven

Webcams Philips Connection Peripherals